Wanna change my rides suspension

Zimmy83

i am currently riding a forester 2.5xt with stock suspension..i kinda wanna lower the ride alittle...not too much thou...but alittle...any thoughts??nothing too expensive...heehee..on a budget...

↡ Advertisement

Cutting your springs will be your cheapest option. A no-no as you will mess up your spring rates and make your car dangerous to drive.

Lowering spring are the next cheapest, but they will wear out your dampers prematurely.

Cheapest, safe, improve handling and reliable would be a change of springs and shocks.

Next level up would be fully adjustable coilovers.

Take your pick...

Cutting your springs will be your cheapest option. A no-no as you will mess up your spring rates and make your car dangerous to drive.

Lowering spring are the next cheapest, but they will wear out your dampers prematurely.

Cheapest, safe, improve handling and reliable would be a change of springs and shocks.

Next level up would be fully adjustable coilovers.

Take your pick...

Hi,

Thinking of putting on boby kit for my ride (Chevrolet Optra) and lowering a little bit.

Quite happy with the stock suspension now, as the Optra uses individual suspension.

Any particular good brand of springs and shocks you know can recommend so that it will not compromise on comfort ??? [gossip]

Bro, as long as your lowered your ride using back original shocks but aftermarket lowering springs, your comfort is at least 20-30% gone [nod][nod][nod]

For total change of springs & shocks or coilover is lagi worse as comfort is 70% gone [dead] Ride will become more harsh & bouncy [nod][nod][nod]

For which brands of lowering springs which is suitable for your ride, i can't help you with it [:p] Hope Bros & Sis driving Optra can assist you [;)]

Edited by Mzrmazda3

Bro, as long as your lowered your ride using back original shocks but aftermarket lowering springs, your comfort is at least 20-30% gone

For total change of springs & shocks or coilover is lagi worse as comfort is 70% gone Ride will become more harsh & bouncy

Hi MZRMAZDA3,

Wah Lau, then difficult to make decision leh. If I put body kit without lowering the ride - not so nice, lower ride then comfort gone .... [bigcry][bigcry][bigcry]

Anyway, thanks for you reply [thumbsup] ..... at least i know and prepare to sacrific either one .... cannot have best of both world ya..... [:/]

Any Optra owner done body kit and lower your ride, and care to share ??

Neutral Newbie

If you're on a budget, just change your springs although comfort will be a little compromised. Go for Eibach springs....as far as I know, they work very well with original dampers. You can refer to current issue of Hotstuff to know more about the springs. Cheers [;)]

Neutral Newbie

Not unless u complete the setup w struts. The whole effect would be veri integrated n more than the sum of the parts for stability, handling n looks.

Lowering springs meant presumably progreesive springs n tat won't a bad idea compared to hving std springs. Spacers, appropriate rims n rubbers oso play a role.

I'm already on lowered springs but still quite bouncy. heard that hotbits coilovers are comfortable as compared to others brands like D2. Any one has comments for hotbits?

koni vs bilstein ... which one better?

So if I just change the shock absorber while using stock springs, the ride height will not be lowered.

I had koni yellow & B+G lower springs b4 with my previous sunny. Very good even with 15" wheels.

both are acceptable...

Bilstein B6 would be the one you want to look for... B8s are for lowered springs.

koni yellows (Sport) should be able to fit your stock springs nicely.

↡ Advertisement