Wanna change my rides suspension

Zimmy83

Neutral Newbie

Oh that "J" ah.. Sheesh, i was damn lucky.. Nearly fell into his trap and kena con big time. Phew..

Do u haf ah guang contact no.?

Haha.. You're funny, maybe should weld on those joint to make sure the chassis dun flex ah.. Like tat it would be even more stable and it won't flex.. Haha.. But if there's a mini pot hole or uneven road, might lose control to the car at high speed corner as rebound rate is low. [lipsrsealed]

Yea, my parent din commented of the unstable ride but my fren did as they're not into cars and thus say wah, y so unstable.. [furious]

I'm on BC currently. Find it good enough for me. =) Was on apex lowering spring and really cnt stand the screwed spring rate with the stock damper.

Anyway, is there any meet up you're going to?

↡ Advertisement

Yes! The first day I drove with the coilover installed, my car nearly 'skipped' off the road. Coz I had the habit of driving with one hand on the steering, and at cruising speed I usually didn't grip the steering properly, more like a light touch. I was on this straight road with a particularly rough patch and due to the low rebound rate my car nearly 'skipped' onto the centre divider. Gripped my steering in time to regain control. [sweatdrop] After that no more liao, always grip well.

I dun think there's any coming meetup rite? I don't attend often as the timing is usually not right for me. Most fall ard 8pm so even if I make it there at 8pm, by 8.30pm I have to leave to meet hubby at his workplace oredi coz he finishes at 9pm. The last one at Queenstown I couldn't make it also coz of mum's bday.

I PM u Ah Guang's contact and my msn.

Neutral Newbie

That's why when i corner left for example i'll keep to the right lane to play safe. If the corner lane on the outter lane is uneven, that's it. Prepare to either go over the divider or crash the front bumper. =) Thou i nv give chance on those corner but still play safe better den sorry. [;)]

Oh, i seldom go for meetup too. But went to the queentown one but left in abt 30mins later. Was tired from sch. [:(]

So shall see ya ard. Added you in both account. =)

Why you kena poison? Need antidote? laugh.gif

Already got my antidote! Got the BCs last week!!

Like to ask how many clicks (to tune hardness) from zero did you set your front and rear? I'm now on softest (zero) setting. Find that its a little bumpy leh...altho much lesser compared to jason's ride.

If tune to harder setting will that reduce the bumpiness?

Do you know what is the spring rate your workshop install for your BC?

Edited by Orixy

Coilovers make your car less bouncy and more firm and thus more stable esp during cornering, but it means that you feel the jerks and bumps on the road, if you read Katou's and my posts carefully.

I dun really know how to describe it to you, but imagine trying to keep your steering straight while your vehicle is rocking and jerking from the bumps on the road. The movement of your wheels affects your steering too, dun forget.

Hard coilovers are originally meant for track use, and tracks are usually well-maintained and not bumpy.

It might be hard for you to understand what I'm saying until you sit (or try to drive) a car with coilovers.

Neutral Newbie

Haha.. good good.. =)

Front 30 click (max 32 clicks), rear 26click (max 32 clicks). [sweatdrop]

Edited by Katou

Neutral Newbie

For those BMW, it comes with a price. =)

For normal saloon car, u need to do more mod in order to achieve something.

Neutral Newbie

I tink u've readed my post instead of icekitten. I did say i used to be on lowering spring but due to the fact it's spring, i cnt tahan it so i've upgraded to coilover.

Wah! Bro, thats damn hardcore man! sweatdrop.gif I'm on zero and alrdy find it quite hard. I'm on 3 fingers clearance front and rear.

Are yours bouncy? I find mine quite bouncy leh... could it be due to my spring rate set wrongly?

Or is it like wat sis Icekitten mentioned abt coilover being much stiffer than stock shocks thus absorbing all the road irregularities and thus I feel bumpy instead of bouncy? Hmm...

Edited by Orixy

Neutral Newbie

I am on BC for a year......front 15 click rear 0 click. Wheel Gap front 2 fingers rear also same. The rear is more bumpy then the front due to lighter rear. I was on D2 previously and i can tell u i almost vomitted. The suspension so hard until i scared to drive...BC is quite ok. Front spring rate is always higher than rear.

Anyway side track abit ,my BC is older version using front BC mounting. The problem comes after a year of usage, the BC mounting bearing worn out, left and right side causing sounds whenever i go over humps

After 2 days of fault finding, with all the coilovers dismantled and grease, finally found the problem...heng....

I heard now BC comes with no mounting ....meaning u use back original stock mounting...i think this way better.

Neutral Newbie

My ride would follow how to road condition is. Set wrongly? Shouldn't be the case since all is set to soft setting. But since coilover is harder then stock, soft setting means it will try to absorb all the road uneven surface but due to the fact it's stiffer then stock and cnt absorb all the shock on the road in time and reflect to more bumpy ride.

So in harder setting, u prevent it to absorb the uneven road and thus returning in more harder and stiff bumpiness of the ride. So it won't be that bumpy as compare to soft setting. Duno how to explain well, maybe face to face easier.. haha..

Maybe it's not that logical but i'm still happy with the setting i'm on now. Might even set it to the hardest.. [sly]

Icekitten is rite, we got the same prob or all that using coilover should face this prob. haha..

Tks Bro. I shall try out to play around with the damping and see how.

My BC came with the mounting bearing and they were used during installation instead of the stock mountings. But I kept my stock shocks and springs all so if wear out can install back the stock ones. I will monitor see should mine turn out to be like yours giving sounds after sometime of usage. Tks! thumbsup.gif

Do you know if BC can adjust the spring rate by turning the 2 locking rings directly below the spring? I know the other locking ring right at the bottom is for adjusting height. If adjust spring rate to softer (more slack), would it make ride less bumpy? Or is it vice versa ie. set spring rate firmer (more taut) will make ride less bumpy?

http://www.bcec.com.tw/products/PIC/MITSUB...01%20VIRAGE.JPG

Oh and one more thing, does the coilovers need time to "settle" before they become less (or more sweatdrop.gif) bumpy?

↡ Advertisement