Wanna change my rides suspension

Zimmy83

Neutral Newbie

Ok the 2 disc at the bottom of the springs are height adjustment. Meaning the upper disc is for adjusting ur ride height and the lower disc is for locking it.

The lowest disc is for locking the main "stem" onto the holder. Just a word of caution, tighten all this discs becoz sometimes they are not tighten. Like in my case.

I noe what u mean when u say " If adjust spring rate to softer (more slack), would it make ride less bumpy? Or is it vice versa ie. set spring rate firmer (more taut) will make ride less bumpy?"

By lowering the height disc( or making the spring slack ) , u make the coilover perform "proporly". The comfort level may be better depending what is ur current setup. The correct way is the change the spring however in this case i tink not feasible. So maybe u got to get use to it.( I presume u set the damping to the softest rite)

However if u compress ur spring too tight, the coilover will not behave within specs.

By right, when u lift your car or jack up ur car, the spring should have abit of free play when " Uncompressed". Only then the coilover will behave "properly"

[:)][:)]

I learn the stuff when i was playing RC cars last time. [rolleyes][rolleyes]

post-6-1167810545_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement

Ah! Now I get wat u guys are mean!!

So the 3 discs are purely for setting the height only... and the spring rate is not adjustable and comes preset.

BTW, my BC comes with preset 8kg front & 5kg rear spring rates. Are yours the same?

Yep, mine is set to softest (zero) currently. And mine does have a freeplay when car is jacked up so it shld be installed optimally lah... laugh.gif Now I just need to find my preferred damping setting.

Huh really meh? D2 that bad meh?

Mine set to middle some more leh coz tt time my friend helped to install, they didn't know what setting we want so damping they set in the middle.

I still find it ok lor. Not to those 'wanna vomit' or unbearable extent...or my bum can absorb shock better... [:p]

" Yes they will become lower and harder over time."

>> Noted. Tks sista!! Did you go to the recent SLC mega mitup at queenstown? Not sure if one of the lady I saw was you.

can BC be repair? i'm on BC too, just wanna find out can it be repair [flowerface].

wah seh front 15click rear 0 click [sweatdrop] mine front 10 click rear 8 click. donno which wan is optimal setting still trying out. U got any advice for me?

Neutral Newbie

When the shop offer was if suspension leak, they will change 1 to 1 of coz need $$. Mine warranty finish liao.

If leaking, then no point repair just change the shock absorber, for my case, i ask them to change to a new mounting but they say now new version use stock mounting.. [hur][hur]

So what they did was remove the bearing and fix back a new one plus welding( heart pain)

I do push the car hard though during my days of usage....so far absorber ok./....However BC then to have a bit of squeking sound . I believe design not so ideal. Did some minor modification on my own, so far after bearing change no sound.

Actually mine front can go harder somemore but just lazy to go meddle with it again.

My rear cant set too hard due to my baby on board. [:)]

[thumbsup] thanks!

squeking sound at least better den mine [lipsrsealed] mine initially install time got kong kong kong sound at the rear ah! Some more the first day i install i tell them i wanna do alignment Ricky told me go drive for 2~3days den come back do alignment let the coilover sit in. Personally i find it bullcrap [laugh] if don do alignment i find dat it will damage other parts. Just don feel right with it. So the very next day i went back and tell Ricky i wanna do alignment no matter wat, den after do alignment the kong kong kong sound disappear. [flowerface]

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/tech/050...ring/index.html

i read the above webby hor, it says hard or soft depends on the spring. The damping is when after turning corner the rebound rate fast or slow. So meaning to say i set harder on the damping the rebound rate slower right?

If your wifey or family will complain about the ride, forget about changing coliovers...

My $$ wasted on Tein HA, from super low ride (stiff) to adjusted soft underused coilovers...haiz. [hur]

Gd Morning Bro!

Last night I adjusted to front 12 clicks and rear 10 clicks. This morning drive to work and found half of the bumpiness gone! Didnt find this setting much harder than zero though.

Tks for Katou, Icekitten and your tips! thumbsup.gif

I'm a bit confused by this. You mean that your ride is less bumpy with a harder setting now? Or less bouncy?

Do enlighten me. Thanx!

Edited by Icekitten

Hmm... try my best to explain. sweatdrop.gif

My meaning of bouncy - while travelling, car will 'hop' up and down like bumpboat. This makes ride feel very uneasy and nauseous.

My meaning of bumpy - when go over uneven road, I can feel every uneven-ness of the road and the stiffer the suspension, the more bumpy impact I feel.

Ok, last night after I set my ride from originally zero overall, to 12 clicks front and 10 clicks rear, my bumpiness became more but bounciness less. Which is wat i wanted.

Phew! Hope I was able to let you know wat I toking abt... wave.gif

Hi to IceKitten, Orixy, Randall (all surf SLC ?) and other BC users:

I'm on BC as well. Bought it from *M* close to a year liao. I don't have any problems with it, except that, well, ya, its much harsher than stock. I've set them to 20 front 16 rear.

After reading all your posts, I'm wondering whether I've got my set of coils correctly installed. [sweatdrop]

My experience was that they removed my stock suspension, put on the BCs, and that's it. The damper settings of 20/16 are adjusted by me, after I fiddled with them a couple of days after installation.

Appreciate if you can help me out on the following:

1) did the workshop use the weighing scales (of some sort?) to determine the weight distribution of the 4 corners of the car, and adjust accordingly? Is that necessary, or more for tracking purposes?

2) you adjust the pre-load by compressing/decompressing the spring?

Anyone? [drivingcar]

↡ Advertisement