New Superb Newbie

Echelon

[drivingcar]

Hi to all, glad to announce that I am a newbie Superb owner! Just gotten my ride yesterday, thanks to all the countless answers and advise from my "broken record" questions, to people like Koolaba and the rest in this forum that gives Skoda cars great credit and by word of mouth made the Skoda brand stand out just a little more.

18 months ago I would not have known that I would have bought a Superb today. I am glad a made the RIGHT choice. [thumbsup]

Cheers to all, now to learn all the maintance and ICE queries.

Wow, i like this car. i took a Superb cab, it is not a taxi,

it is a limo. feel the ride is solid. 1000% better than toyota taxis.

shhhhh...there are many toyota stalkers.

too bad, my pocket is swallow, now itching to wait for octavia

mark II to test drive.

↡ Advertisement

well said bro! "Ownership" here is really like leasing, and so as long as we enjoy driving it, why bother with too many negativity from others right? I guess everyone's entitled to their own perceptions, preconceived ideas, or prejudices. As long as we are happy with what we use, you are so right that it is sufficient already.

keep blessed

tashi

Neutral Newbie

I have enjoyed my Oct Tout for a year, and have clocked 23,000KM, it still performs like new (= 12Km/L). [;)] My next ride will be SuperB (Not the Superb Taxi) [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

E,

Didn't sell my car. Not so bad for you 'cos I'm willing to discuss how I can help you. Just that I'm very busy now. Maybe end of Oct or early Nov?

I should be heading to Servo on Sat morning, can have a chat if you happen to be there.

(edited)

After a week's a driving, clocked up almost 600km and looking forwar to it each day, the ride each day is a pleasure, crusing at 80-90KM/hr on the PIE,

Sad to say that the brand still suffers certain critism from time to time and also fellow honks from Skoda cabbies [kiss] and once at the stop light looking from the rear view mirror I can see that the Skoda cabby talking to his customer about the car infront that this guy probably rode a Skoda Cab and loved it so much and went out and bought one, because mine is the almost the same silver as the cabs minus the roof unit. - Ha [;)].

Even the audio shop boss commented why a Skoda, till I opened the door and he kinda ate his own words, his facial expression was one of being impressed but not wanting to say it.....my best pal also drove it and commented that it was good and spacious, that is the word that was on everyone's lips, it is spacious, looks better in real life.

A relative of mine whom have been driving Mercs for years and when I picked her up yesterday expect there to be comments. When I went to pick her up, when I pulled into the driveway of her lobby (intentionally drive up slowly), she looked suprised, in opening and closing the door there was the reassuring thump of the door giving you a peace of mind of a solid door next to you, when pulling away from the lobby of the house again I intentionally drove slowly away and over the break humps. She was clearly impressed as she sat at the back of the car. At the end of the ride, she gave me two thumbs up and commented that it was a great ride and the internals was not like a merc, cool? Though I did not do much to it except for Titanium looking cubic prints. [flowerface]

Edited by Echelon

Neutral Newbie

Hi Echelon,

R u able 2 post pix of ur 'titanium cubic printing' of ur i suppose interior panels?

How much did u pay 4 it & where was it done? Do u need 2 leave ur panels with the shop overnight?

Im actually thinking of spraying some of my interior panels 2 silver colour.

Many thanks.

Hi bro,

There are 2 options for you.

1. To spray paint the 4 x door trims, centre console trims at the front and the rear.

This option provides more flexibility in the choice of colours. You can have the option of choosing gloss or matte surfaced finishing. My spray painter, Phua Spray Painting, will be able to provide this service.

I have attached a picture of our ride for your reference.

2. To do cubic printing on the panels. You can see some of the sample designs here, albeit a bit small. FYI Fisheye's Superb comes with brushed silver cubic prints.

http://www.cadeco.com.sg/lineup.html

post-73-1160353134_thumb.jpg

Neutral Newbie

Hey, that is quite NEAT. Looked like spray-painted semi-glossy. How come u didn't do up the air-con vents & side panels? I see that u may need a set of MOMO aluminium pedals [sly]

Hi,

The air-con vents are integrated into the entire construction of the dashboard. Hence it will be a task to remove the entire vent for spray painting. On the Comfort and Elegance trim Superbs, dashboard styling kits are applied at the air-con vent areas and door handle areas. See the URL below and attached picture.

http://www.edirectory.co.uk/pf/880/mia/d/s...kit/pid/2733025

We have opted for matte-finished paintwork at the centre console (to reduce reflection) and gloss-finished paintwork for the door side panels.

Slightly off-topic, I have sat in another Skoda Superb 2.5 TDI cab yesterday. The driver is very satisfied with his ride but has concerns on the higher diesel consumption compared to the Japanese cabs. His driving style matches that of a heavy-footer. Average consumption is 11.5l/100km from the readouts. Probably he is applying the driving technique which he has used on the Japanese cabs on the Superb TDI. Besides, he has no idea how to switch on the rear courtesy lamps, switch the gear shift to Tiptronic mode, no knowledge on using the instantaneous FC meter to his advantage to reduce consumption.

In my opinion, it is not a bad idea to invite your colleagues to our upcoming SOG meetup on 24 Oct if time permits. I reckon it will be a good opporunity for us to give some pointers on the features of Skoda cars.

The Superb cab drivers have not been briefed on the features and functions of their vehicles when they collected the cars.

post-73-1160440532_thumb.jpg

Edited by Koolaba

Now dat you've gotten ur ride, can pm me ur contact so that I can contact you to go airport when I need to fly off ? Sure beats calling a Jap cab or flagging down one.

Hey don't mind if I hijack your idea too.

Anyways today see alot of Skoda cabs on the road, I think more than 15, quite a number in a day, and they will always be checking out my ride too. Haa, I guess trying to spot the difference as mine is silver too, guess what, I will be doing the same thing! [rolleyes]

Neutral Newbie

I am Noah Smith . purpose of joining this forum is that I am crazy for cars and bikes..

↡ Advertisement