Motul Engine Oil H-TECH 100??

Weixiang_06

Neutral Newbie

I am really curious where u get that nugget of information on? Any help is appreciated Genie47. I was thinking it is just another product contracted to many of the cheap sources in Thai, Phillipines or Malaysia, like what Castrol does. Japan will be cost ineffective, isn't it?

Neutral Newbie

the label on the H100 seems to indicate that its not meant for sales in Japan and Taiwan, which means its manufactured outside Japan and Taiwan.

its bottled in Singapore i think.

Have heard of Motul oil before [nod] and i think it belongs to the Ester-Based type which is [thumbsup] IMHO [:)]

However, got no source on where to get it & the type of rates it offers [blush]

Edited by Mzrmazda3

Nope, for cars only its 300v series is ester based. its 8100 series is a mixture of ester and non-estare based synth oils and the rest of it is just normal synth.

Neutral Newbie

Motul is expensive because of their branding and advertising, banners at all prominant race series, sponsered world champion riders and drivers in the majority of racing series do not come cheap. There are other products that use high quality polyolester stuff that retails at less than Motul's dealer price!

Neutral Newbie
SM and GF4 rated. Just nice for your car. Use lah!

Sorry,to borrow this thread coz not enough posting.Btw saw this ELF semi-syn 10W40 @ 29.90

rated SM if not mistaken coz Carloob 5w40 selling @ $44.90 @ Giant IMM.

Oil gurus pls comment coz servicing due soon thought of getting ELF.

Scooby can use 10W30. That is what the US guys are doing. If tracking, go up one notch to 5W40 or 10W40. If heavily modded with increased fueling, big turbo, blah blah blah, 5W50.

But all the bros in the subaruclub recommend 40wt oil leh .. and they don't wait till 10K to change oil ... usually 5K to 8K change liao.

I just got my 2nd hand scooby, but not time to change oil yet.

Just wondering what oil do taxis use? particularly those new turbo diesels.

Taxis have very high mileage and some of them really whack their engines. I'm sure they don't do weekly oil change right? [hur]

whatever they use should be pretty good stuff?