Mazda3 SP

Damnjian

Seems like only the exterior have some changes as compared to the previous model but standard rims now comes in 16" as compared to 15" earlier [thumbsup]

Gear shift is said to be much smoother [thumbsup]

Power & other technical stuff remains the same [;)]

i think sound insulation is better [:)]

↡ Advertisement

Hi,

I am getting between 10-12km/l on my SP20, 30% highway 70% city driving. From other SP drivers, some can get as high as 14km/l on their SP.

ya, think 12km/l is average for light-footed SP20 drivers [nod]

Edited by En0203

Neutral Newbie

I just booked mine last Friday.

$56800 for the luxury edition with rebate using DBS in-house loan at 3.2%

The car definately feels, looks and quality better than an Altis.

I think the FC can be controlled by your right leg [:)]

I'm driving my Aunt's 323 Protege for about 1 month and I'm getting 12.5-13.5Km/L [flowerface]

Hopefully I don't do too bad with the MZ3 SP

yes, sometimes it's slightly more than 12km/l if light footed and not much jam, but the food must really be light lar, once the pedal is stepped harder then the FC siao liao [sweatdrop]

though it's 2.0L it doesn't feel like one, maybe the stock 17" are too heavy [sweatdrop]

ride quality is ok, comfortable going over big humps too, but quite uncomfortable on small humps or road strips [sweatdrop]

anyway, kudos to your FC which is even better than mazda 3 1.6! Guess it's down to the better pwr-to-weight! [thumbsup]

Anyway, I tot ur Mazda should be fairly powerful rite? Looks like the 0-100kmh timing of 9s is overstated!

Looks like the 0-100kmh timing of 9s is overstated!

maybe i am too light on the foot [laugh]

1st gear is pretty amazing though if pushed hard [nod]

1st stage power comes after 2.5k rpm, and after 3.5k rpm is another stage where u are getting close to full torque [nod]

but my car mostly run under 2.5k rpm, so i am getting only something close to 1.6L's full torque all the time, i think that's why i feel that it's underpower. maybe i am just being too demanding [sweatdrop]

anyway, it's not really a sport car lar, reasonable power to go smoothly but not too fast though [nod]

But they are comparing a 60K Jippon ride to a 100K +++ Jippon ride

typical human mentallity is ai pee ai qi ai dua liap ni mar [laugh][lipsrsealed]

maybe not my car FC good, is my leg got feather weight [sweatdrop]

Agreed with u that Mazda3 is not a fast car. I test drive the 1.6 over the weekend. There is a lag period btw gear shifts no matter how hard I step on accelerator. That was the only bad point, I guess. Other than that, I was very impressed with the build quality, solid doors,huge boot,foldable mirror structure which eases driving or parking in tight spaces, cabin lights,speedometer lights, conti feel, higher trade-in price, SE generosity. Also think it is the best-looking sedan in its class. [thumbsup] So much so that I am almost intent on getting it ahead of lancer,vios & slyphy.

Of course, the cons are: a slightly worse pwr-to-weight in 1.6 class, expensive price. But I feel price premium is justified by the sheer no of gadgets I get. In fact, I feel current price is underpriced & it's already reached the lowest.

So Bro en0203, touch wood, any problems or issues with ur car so far?

Neutral Newbie
That's great thumbsup.gif

But i still hear some people at Mazda Club complaining about the sound insulation unimpressed.gif Maybe they want 'Lexus' standard sweatdrop.gifsweatdrop.gifsweatdrop.gif

Tested the SP20 when it was officially launch sometime back. I have to agree with the sound insulation is not up to expectations, period. I wont touch specifically on the power issue although I think its pretty inadequate for such a small size sedan ( No I am not expecting Evo standard duh ) . The interior and fit/finish though which I reckon is simply superb in its class thumbsup.gif

Yes. Even without rear seats folded, the boot is surprisingly large, about size of honda city's boot. Before that, I thought the boot is small, judging from the small backside.

There is also tiptronic for faster pick-up. Almost everything a driver needs. [thumbsup]

did u get the car then? [thumbsup]

IMO the basic model is quite affordable now and with full body kit somemore [nod]

very good in terms of stability compared to others but only lose out in cabin space and equipment level [sweatdrop]

gear shift is ECU, u have to trained it, else can go manual mode [nod]

my car so far so good, clocked 5k km in 4 months, serviced last weekend, getting 12 to 12.5 km/l most of the time now [nod]

↡ Advertisement