Have You Replaced Your Air-con Filter?

Vit4wd

Picture 1 - Old & New air filter

Picture 2 - Clean (New) air filter

Picture 3 - Dirty (Old) air filter

I just replaced my air con filter and got a shock at the amount of dust, dirt and small dead leaves embedded in it.

So please remember to replace your air con filter.

Imagine the amount of dust you have to breathe in if your air con filter is dirty, especially with the haze now.

post-1-1160279236.gif

post-1-1160279237.gif

post-1-1160279238.gif

Edited by Vit4wd
↡ Advertisement

When I collected my Corolla from Borneo Motors, it did not come with air con filter too.

Just an empty air con filter casing.

I bought the air con filetr to fit into the casing.

I just replaced my air con filter and got a shock at the amount of dust, dirt and small dead leaves embedded in it.

Imagine the amount of dust you have to breathe in if your air con filter is dirty, especially with the haze now.

What air con filter???

I having been using my car for nearly 4.5 years and travelled 126k without servicing air con or changing filter. So far no complain or immune already.

Say, is the aircon filter this dirty because you take in fresh air, or even recirculation mode will cause the filter to be this dirty?

I didn't even check if there's a filter in my car, and my SE didn't even know the location of the filter when I asked. The previous car was driven for 6 years without doing anything to the filter (or lack of). [sweatdrop]

Maybe it's time to look into the filter issue, esp with the bad haze.

urs Lancer???

go to Stamford Tyre Mega Mart.... Cairefresh Hepa aircon filter, going abt $40++ for ur model.....

Safra member has further discount....

Instruction on how to change is very detail.... they have specific instruction for individual car model [thumbsup]

Your aicon filter was indeed dusty [sweatdrop] I checked mine last week, the surface still quite clean with some plant seeds, leaves on top. Brushed them with wool based brush and shaken a bit. Some charcoal got loosen and dropped out.. I guess the filter still strong after 1 year. Maybe change it after 6 more months.