JDM Camry From PI or Thai Camry from BM

Jtmk

How much did it cost you to replace the drive shaft and alternator.

How did u discover that you had to replace them?

Thanks

My alternator not totally damage but created screeching sound, forgotten the cost

My drive shaft replaced due to heavy vibration while driving, replaced a recon one at $500, dunno whether reasonable or not😊

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Got the JDM camry.

Had to do up a lot is stuff. Drive shaft, KYB suspension and engine mount. Car drives very smooth now.

However the handling is like a boat comparing to a civic.

Any suggestions to improve handling.

Neutral Newbie

Hi, guys how do I install and aux cable to play my iphone to the stock camry jdm audio system.

It should look something like this

Is there any workshop that does this? Workshop have recommended that I change the whole audio system which I think is a waste.

AutoSaver from Shunli is good. My previous Toyota car are service there.

hi tohto,

may I know where is AutoSaver located? any contact number?

also plan to change my ride to a 8 to 9years old car (camry), but how the fuel consumption for a camry? (looking to get a 2L).

many tks in advance.

Hi, guys how do I install and aux cable to play my iphone to the stock camry jdm audio system.

It should look something like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeYUIeo8B-c

Is there any workshop that does this? Workshop have recommended that I change the whole audio system which I think is a waste.

See if this guy can help you...

http://wowgadgets.wix.com/wowgadgets-2#!

Edited by Hotnyh

Supersonic
(edited)

From recall point of view, yes it has a bit of risk buying from PI, but looking at the amount of PI Harrier, Estima, Vezel etc, so far no big issues in the press about major recall issues.

If I am correct, BM also pledged to service PI cars, I am not sure about any strings attached but at least there is a safety net for buying PI cars. Use it as a last resort option.

JDM is certainly of better quality spec because the strategy for the MIT Asian model is low cost competitive advantage, no way it will match the JDM model quality specs. At times even simple things like window glass panel could be of different quality and specs but many may not be aware about this.

If price is the same, PI is certainly a better choice, but for 150k range spending, looking for a reliable PI is more important than a few more k price advantage. There are obviously a few reliable PIs that have been mentioned in the forum more than once.

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 1

If can afford the risk, a made in Japan Camry is way much better than a made in Thailand Camry. I quite sure no one will disagree about the quality between the 2 countries. Trolls no need reply.

From recall point of view, yes it has a bit of risk buying from PI, but looking at the amount of PI Harrier, Estima, Vezel etc, so far no big issues in the press about major recall issues.

If I am correct, BM also pledged to service PI cars, I am not sure about any strings attached but at least there is a safety net for buying PI cars. Use it as a last resort option.

JDM is certainly of better quality spec because the strategy for the MIT Asian model is low cost competitive advantage, no way it will match the JDM model quality specs. At times even simple things like window glass panel could be of different quality and specs but many may not be aware about this.

If price is the same, PI is certainly a better choice, but for 150k range spending, looking for a reliable PI is more important than a few more k price advantage. There are obviously a few reliable PIs that have been mentioned in the forum more than once.

if u had read the recent discussions from lexus owners in this forum. They are not able to claim warranty for their battery (even though the stated warranty period is 10years). if my memory is correct, BM said that it is "wear n tear" and the battery is not spoil (for more details pls search for the subject header)

Authorised dealers like to use "wear n tear" as a common reasons if we wanna claim warranty for any defects...since authorised dealers warranty is as good as nothing...y not give our monies to PI and one can negotiate a lower price if getting PI new n better equipped car without warranty...2 cents

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1