White patches on dashboard

Lexxmexx

Neutral Newbie

Previously, my anti-slip mat had melted on my dashboard which left bits and pieces of the mat on the surface, and cannot be removed by normal wiping. So after hearing some comments here that using lighter fluid might help, I tried with alcohol swabs which i thought might be a substitute for the lighter fluid. Yes, some of the mat stains were removed but it seems like a layer of my black dashboard surface was stripped as well.

Now, I can see a big whitish and somehow sticky patch on the area where I had used alcohol to rub. I had used the Autoglym Vinyl and Rubber care lotion but the whitish patch is still there.

Are there any ways to get rid of the white patch and restore my dashboard back to to normal?

Thanks in advance!

↡ Advertisement

I think u r making the problem bad to worse.

Now u have to custom make a fabric cover to put on your dash to cover the stains. [laugh]

Or use another non-slip mat to cover the stain. Back to square 1. [laugh]

Ops... looks like you have made an unrepairable damage to your dashboard.

Ever considered spraying your dashboard?

I had the same experience of melting slip mat on my dashboard. I dare not use anything to wipe other than my vinyl protectant. Everyday rub a bit, the residue slowly came off.

Neutral Newbie

Aiyah, of course will polish clean one lah.

then one more layer of the vinyl care to 'seal' it.

Will try it this weekend, hopefully it works [sweatdrop]

Neutral Newbie

you ever tried? or are you asking Lexxmexx to try on your behalf since his dashboard already koyak liao. you try on your dashboard first then let us know k?

Neutral Newbie

I try already . to removed the dubble sidder tape at dashboard also to removed the sticky patch area after that do some polishing then done.

Edited by Cspeck

Neutral Newbie

mmm.. me ever have some white patches after i put a wet cloth for drying [laugh] then i use amourall protectant and rubbed a few times.. it was ok till now.. maybe u can try ?

Neutral Newbie

The Armourall protectant, is it similar to the Autoglym vinyl and rubber care solution?

Using petrol ah? Sounds dangerous leh....will try during the next pump nevertheless.

The white patch is like those scratch marks when u scratch on rubber surfaces (try scratching a football). Now dashboard koyak liao, can bochap and try all suggested methods. [sweatdrop]

Thanks everyone

Neutral Newbie
I try already . to removed the dubble sidder tape at dashboard also to removed the sticky patch area after that do some polishing then done.

Bro, what did u you use to polish?