Petrol station car wash

Latioboy

Hey guys... this is not a thread to offend people who go to petrol stations to wash their cars...

As usual... had sat dinner with my family... both sisters came home to eat..

then my second bro in law... he is a doctor so no time to go wash car.. his maid also no time.. take care of children..

then

he was like..

shall i try out petrol station car wash?

I was like go ahead..

But his car also coated with amazing glaZE.. so. i was abit worried..

but he said. dun want u to wash cause very hazy... i just drive out to wash it.

So we drove it to shell car wash. serangoon gardens.

Went in, they sprayed the car with high pressure jet( cool! ) then they started to spray the foam.. that was nice.. but the sponge they use like never rinse or wash away previous cars dirt leh.. they just PIAK and start scrubbing away

then when everything finish. they spray the car again .

Now come the drying part.

I was at the back seat and saw the guys taking cloths ( those normal cloths) and started drying on the car.. very effecient 3 men to the car.

BUT. the cloth was black.. and when they finished drying the car, they used the same cloth to dry thye rims and tyres.. I WAS LIKE... OMFG!

then i stared at my bro in law.. he was like.. yeah yeah. thats how they do it..

But overall... the job was not so good not so bad... okay okay only...

For me, as a person who washes my parents car myself, i still considered the car dirty.

So when we drove home, i inspected the car... some bird sxxt still stuck on the paint work.. then the rims... were oily.. i dont know why. And there was stil dirt.

But no time to wash the whole car again. so i just re-washed the rims.. and they turned out shing shing sparkling clean again...

So i am not against petrol station car wash. Just find that they dont do a very through job. But for $6, i think a job about 70% done.. okay lah.. nth much to say..

Yupp

Just my six cents worth..

↡ Advertisement

I depend lar... sometime happen to pass by, just pop in to wash.... or unless really really dirty liao, than boh bian find time to go wash.... no matter what still second wife, need to make her clean and swee swee...kekekekeke

What you described is the norm for commercial car washes. They have so many cars to wash, will be so exhausted.

I even saw at Caltex Ang Mo Kio Ave 3, the man used the same sponge to clean the rims first, then the car body. [shakehead]

Commercial car washes shd be avoided if possible as :

1. Your rims & brake discs are hot & do not have time to cool down before they hose it down. Causes brake disc to warp & damages rims.

2. Applying shampoo on a hot bonnet spoils the paintwork (chemical reaction).

yup...coz my 2nf wife got few light scratches after came back from manual car wash at Woodlands at Mobil/Esso...Damn washer worker are young Malay boys and dunnot even to dry off a car..juz wanna dry dry dry until knock my headlamp protector off and never say sorry also...

So I pay 6 dollar, and curse them in another way that theier business will drop if they still keep on this kind of attitude.So from that day onwards i wash my car alone...

Actually, psst psst..I tell you one secret..I kiss my 2nd wife more than my 1st wife...!!! [laugh]

I usually go Petrol Carwash when my ride is full of dirt.... Give you an example: try parking along Tyersall Ave if you're going to Botanical Gardens... confirm after 2 hours of Sunday morning there... you can find lots of surprises on your car.

Lots of BIRD 5HIT, some with feather stuck on it, everywhere on the car, including the car door, visor, side windows, and sometimes the door handles.

If your car is so full of crap, try hand-washing it yourself.... [hur]

If you mean the Shell near Chomp-chomp - it's my regular place for car wash. I use my Shell escape points to redeem the vouchers so the washes are free. I find them to be one of the better ones around- most of the time they're thorough and sometimes they shine the tyres too. Well, I don't expect them to do a perfect job in 10 mins, so I follow up with a quick "wipe-down" with a pail of water. Without the petrol station car wash, I'd probably have to spend 1+ hr to wash off the brake dust, etc. I'm on Zaino so I try not to mess up the coating on the car unless there's too much dirt on the car. The oily stuff on the rims is likely the tire shine liquid used.

Edited by Dolphinaudi

IS IT?

but they did not put it on leh.. i didnt see them apply it..

PLUS.. they r good.. through.. but not hundred percent clean lah.. thats e pt im trying to drive across.

↡ Advertisement