Anyone want to share shipping cost of PC7424-ship fr. US

Wishsing

Neutral Newbie

hi bros/sis,

i'm looking for someone to share the shipping costs of PC7424. if u r keen to get one too, PM me.

deeply poisoned by the detailin sessions- was thinking of getting the PC7424 direct from US (http://www.autogeek.net/hk7424.html)- comes with Lake Country pads

i have also topped up the order to include some "blue pads"

1 Porter Cable 7424 & Pad Kit with FREE BONUS 189.99

1 Dual-Action 6.5" Foam Pads: Dual Action 6.5" Blue Finessing Pad 9.99

BUT ALAS, the shipping cost is approx. USD56.20 (not including other taxes).

Dear Valued Customer,

We are writing in reference to the order you placed with us. Please note that the approximate shipping rate for the order you placed with us is $ 56.20 via:

US Global Express Lead time 5-7 days(If no delays at customs).

**Please note that this is an APPROXIMATE SHIPPING RATE QUOTE and DOES NOT include any further taxes/duties or brokerage fees that may be incurred at customs.**

*Your order has been placed on temporary hold. Please contact us to approve or decline the shipping charges. Be advised that your order will be processed upon receipt of the approval of the shipping rate quoted. All packages will ship within two business days and tracking information will be forwarded via email if applicable.

** ADVISORY: Please note that the order will automatically be cancelled if no response has been made within 2 business days.**

We thank you for shopping with us and look forward to serving your car care needs in the future.

Regards.

Customer Service

Processing Dept.

THE AUTOGEEK

[email protected]

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

Bro MD is right, I ordered the same kit you are looking at. It was going for a special price of US$179.99 last week when i placed my order. I am using vPostUSA to ship it in for me, i think it will be much cheaper. Shipping within the US is US$17.99.

If you only want to get the PC without the pads, amazon.com is offering a very good deal at US$119.95 with free shipping within the US.

http://www.amazon.com/o/ASIN/B00004SUQ8/re...9000907-1515319

Neutral Newbie

Thanks bro. but i think Autogeek has their own shipping arrangements. not sure how i can ask them to use vPOST instead.

btw, heard from bro MD tat u got the LakeCountry set too. how did you make arrangement for vPOST instead?

Neutral Newbie

Yes you can use vPost with Autogeek. You just have to provide the vPostUSA address to them and they will ship for you with local rates, once the item arrives at the US address vPost will ship it back to your singapore address and charge you the international shipping which i am estimating to be below S$40.

check out www.vpost.com.sg

According to the UPS tracking my item has already arrived at vPostUSA so I am expecting to receive it sometime next week.

Neutral Newbie

Thanks bro. [laugh] my previous post must have sounded very stupid since i am not familiar with vPOST. btw, hv u gotten yr step-down transformer? I hv one which i am using for my XBOX (US version); not sure if it will suffice.

Neutral Newbie
Thanks bro. my previous post must have sounded very stupid since i am not familiar with vPOST. btw, hv u gotten yr step-down transformer? I hv one which i am using for my XBOX (US version); not sure if it will suffice.

Bro, nobody is stupid in this forum... we are all here to share knowledge.. [;)]

I haven't got my transfromer yet, will get one from SLT when the PC arrives. Based on the published ratings of 110V 3.7A, the PC will require at least 300W of power, if you are re-using your xbox transformer make sure it is able to handle the wattage else it may burn. [sweatdrop]

wishsing,

you should try and look for those that offer free local shipping, got mine from pinnacle wax when they offer free shipping. not too sure if it still available, but not harm in checking it out. Also if you can wait, I believe better offers should be coming as christmas is near. [;)]

Neutral Newbie

yup. mine is 300W (a 10cm cubic black box) been using it for a few years now. can you share with me how much is the one you are intending to get? (hving 2 sounds like a good idea if it's affordable, tat is) [sly]

Neutral Newbie

thanks bro. but christmas is very far from now [sweatdrop] ... i hv been "dreaming" how i would polish the ride with the PC or other DA (if i cant find a cheaper way to send it over)..

Hi if a 240-110V converter (Not to sure of the watt but will check tommorrow) is what stopping you ,You can drop me a PM ,I got a few that is sitting in my office not used as there are from my old machinery...I can sure pass them to any bro here FOC [laugh] of course provided I am invited to all detailing sessions ok [sly]

Neutral Newbie
[thumbsup] you r the man. the detailing sessions organised by Bro Maddriver is a GREAT gathreing for like-minded bros. a very friendly bunch. do join us. [sly]

Neutral Newbie

Btw i remember bro Glisten (black JDM Accord) was telling us during the MDDS, that he was told by Hypercoat they will be bringing in the 240V version of PC in the next 2 months or so. If you can wait you might want to check with Hypercoat. If you can't wait I can lend you mine when it arrives, so at least you can have a feel before buying... [:)]

Neutral Newbie

hi bro, thanks alot for your kind offer. do let me know when it's convenient for me to try out. I will get my own pads. :)

Neutral Newbie

btw, did you also get teh "counter weight"? is it suppose to reduce the vibration, which some bros here commented?thanks.

↡ Advertisement