CA gave me Pirelli tyres

Stanley

brought my car for repair 3 dys ago.

CA finally gave me 195/15 R15 tyres.

they're Pirelli ones.

previously they gave me Super Contact 195/65 when they fulfiled the sport rims promise.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Stanley,

My apologies for back-tracking but why did you go to CA to repair ?? And 195 50 R15 tyres u mean ?? Am curious as to how come when they fitted your originally with 195 65 15 to downsize to 195 55 15's ??? A bit queer.......dun they know what they are doing ??

[shocked][thumbsdown][blush]

guessed initially they don't but now they do.

adrian, the red fabia owner, has 195/50 15 in March.

the show room car now also has the correct size.

i informed them at the time they fitted the sport rims in Jan.

they insisted it's fine then.

Neutral Newbie

Stanley,

Just shows what a bunch of monkeys they are !!!! What do they take us Skoda cars owners as ??? Stupid or what !!! Wrong sizing your wheels can cause uneven wear on tires ......morons [mad][furious]

I really question their ability as distributors....... [thumbsdown]

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

If the tyres and rims size differs from the original (I believe is 634mm in diameter ie 195/65/R15), can the speedo or ECU be tuned and adjust accordingly?

What is the offset of the original? My sport rims (given by CA) looks a bit jutting out...think offset is below 35.

Neutral Newbie

Volk,

Yours is an Octavia, so it differs in size to the Fabia. If I'm not wrong the stock size on the Octy is 175 70 14.........so upsizing to 195 65 15 is a bit out......there's a 5.64% difference from the original. The guide is to always have about 2 to 3 % max for difference for upsizing. Like right now........when you speedo reads 70mph, yr car is actually travelling @ 73.95mph. See the difference ??

CA's screwed up again !!!! [furious][jawdrop][whip]

Neutral Newbie
Yours is an Octavia, so it differs in size to the Fabia. If I'm not wrong the stock size on the Octy is 175 70 14.........so upsizing to 195 65 15 is a bit out......there's a 5.64% difference from the original. The guide is to always have about 2 to 3 % max for difference for upsizing. Like right now........when you speedo reads 70mph, yr car is actually travelling @ 73.95mph. See the difference ??

CA screwed up?...Maybe, I dun know. Anyway my Sports rims they throw in is 195/65/R15.

Is there anyway to test out the speedo whether accurate or not?

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

F-man,

The most accurate is probably 196 50 R 15 for the Fabia. With this sizing .....the difference is -1.31%..........with this ratio......whenthe car is showing @ 70 mph on the speedo, the actual speed is only 68.73 mph. That's why most tyre shop's worth their salt will keep the ratio to between 2 & 3 %.

My 2 cents worth of views

[cool]

Edited by C708

Thansk C708 for clarifications. Yes sld be 195/50. I didnt bother to calculate as when I went to Stamford to change the rims/tyres, that is what they told me and I believe the experts. Johan at Stamford LokYang is very familiar with Skoda as he is the contact person when JTA was still around.

↡ Advertisement