Daihatsu Copen

Tzehou

Neutral Newbie

Oh... i c. Thank you v. much. Hope that gentleman from Vin Car can shed some light on this car for all our interest [drivingcar]

↡ Advertisement

i getting opc if getting for my own...but not now la...so thinking if 65-17k for this...actually not bad...too bad now waiting for shipment of my gf's ride...i cant buy anymore for time being...bo ka liao... [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

Hei maybe you can check out with Erica Lee [gorgeous]

heheh

I once saw her and her BF that Shen ..... at Daihatsu bringing her Copen there for servicing while collecting my ride

her bf also drive Daihatsu hijet 660cc van and the decal on his van is eermmm quite cool guess this is the reason y they are together.

Hei maybe you too stand a chance if you got this car hehehe [laugh]

Seem like Sin Tien Seng is able / willing to work on any car even thought it is not bring in by them. As long as it is a Daihatsu.

[;)]

Neutral Newbie

Hi, thanks for your input. Just called Sin Tien Seng. They say they do service the Copen but...

1. They don't know much about the car as they are not trained to service it

2. They don't stock up spare parts for this car. All on indent basis.

3. They do not have machine diag. kit (e.g ODII) for this car should something happen.

4. Spare plugs, oil filter all don't have. Need to indent as they don't use the normal types.

5. Price wise, about $200 for a 10k servicing with oil etc... (Normal price)

6. After servicing, any thing happen... at your own risk. No guarantee.

[sweatdrop]

Now thinking real hard... if the trouble is worth it or not. At least my MR-S is running on the same engine as the Rav4, Altis 1.8 and the Wish. So parts not a major problem. But for the Copen... scary man... if nothing happen Gd la. But if... only if something happen... ah bes laioz... [bigcry]

Neutral Newbie

Bro.... think you better think twice again if you're getting this car. I'm now thinking real... REAL hard. Even if I got $ also not like that spend one - meaning if I know the consequences that is to come with the car, I won't be so stupid to go ahead with it. Scared later regret like mad as buying a car is not cheap here in sg [knife]

eh...... think i saw some of your posts on MR-S before this. Well....i have jus recently ordered one but car wont be registered until Jan07. So how come you are giving up the MRS? Have you done anything to it? If you have the front and rear struts i will be glad to buy it 2nd hand from you. Or any other accessories as well.

Personally, i think the Copen is simply too small.....you feel like u are literally sitting next to the windows with centimetres to its exterior, not sure if the cute factor can overcome the safe factor.This car has been around for at least 2 years already and there are so few in the streets, dun seem that it is likely to increase in the near future either. If you have problems finding spares for the Copen now, expect to excounter greater difficulties in the future.

If its security issues with the MRS softtop, why not spend another few grand to buy a hardtop? If there is one for less den 2k used, i will gladly put it over mine. (i dun really fancy the soft top, jus wanted a MR car basically for tracking use)

Neutral Newbie

Haaa... yeah. Got to agree with some of your points though. Well, most of the stuff I have in my car are all being reserved already by fellow MR-S guys. Tell you what, why not PM me your contact no. and I'll let you know what I've left in my car. Still got lots of goodies in the bag to let go [flowerface]

For me, downgrading la. Want to save some money for the future. So by having a car that is cheaper to run, I can save more.

Cheers!

Hei maybe you can check out with Erica Lee [gorgeous]

Bro I know looks are subjective (no offense to you) but Erica Lee is damn skinny and has rabbit teeth LOL... She's so skinny that she'll break in 2 pieces when you give her a jab/pump at the separation [:p]

The 660cc T/C Copen don't think will be that thirsty as what the others said here.... unless u blow ur t/c every moment you move off....

I own a YRV 1298cc T/C YRV, the petrol consumption give me an average of 12 to 13.5km per litre depending on how heavy or light foot... there is one time i achieve 14.5km.

You have to check with the PI if they have a reliable workshop to service this car or provide of spare parts. If you were to ask Sin Tien Seng, I think they have no problem servicing of this car but everyone will not want to take responsibility of something u did not buy from them. They don't bring in this model cause they know it will not sell well here, they are more focus on their vans and trucks.

Go with your heart if you think this is a fun car. I personally do like this car and if possible to own a 2 seater as a 2nd car, this will be one of my consideration.

Neutral Newbie

The turbo part is the headache part. Cos it comes in when you hit 2000 rpm and which you would confirm do so even if you drive it normally. Unlike those WRX or Evos turbo that kicks in the mid to high range of their rpm, the Copen actually uses it in it's low rpm range to kick off the car so that it won't be too laggy. If this is the case, wear and tear would be accerlated right?

So far less than 15 of this car running on our roads. I've check this with some of the Copen guys locally. Wow... even more rare than the Lambos and ferraris.. Hee...

↡ Advertisement