Daihatsu Copen

Tzehou

Neutral Newbie

Hi, thinking to own a copen ‘08.

already test drive, love it.

Former / current owners - any points to add on pros and cons of owning this car? 

Thanks! 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

The Copen is a strictly 2 seater with limited interior space, headroom and restricted power. So long as it fits your lifestyle and you don't intend to transport bully nor many things in the boot, will be fine.

Going at $5K+ annual dep for renewed COE examples. 

The same money gets you a similar ages 1.6l bread sand butter 4 door saloon, but without the attention seeking charm  of the  Copen

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

How about the maintenance cost for the wear and tear, will it incur to the range of thousands? And is access to car mechanics familiar with this car still readily available? 

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
On 2/12/2020 at 9:11 AM, Ath said:

How about the maintenance cost for the wear and tear, will it incur to the range of thousands? And is access to car mechanics familiar with this car still readily available? 

This car is easy to maintain.  with a huge engine bay. A mechanic will be easy to reach to get things done.

The only concern is it is running on a 3 cyn engine. The engine mount is best to change if you are really getting it.

Internal Moderator
10 hours ago, Linng said:

Hi, I would like to be added to the copen chat. I own a copen. Has some questions. 

You can try asking here also!

Neutral Newbie

Hi, I would like to add some accessories to my copen such as the bar in front and back, etc. Would like to give copen a new look. Anyone has any contact or knows where to get it done? Thank you.  😁

On 2/10/2020 at 12:37 AM, Ath said:

Hi, thinking to own a copen ‘08.

already test drive, love it.

Former / current owners - any points to add on pros and cons of owning this car? 

Thanks! 

Very effective aircon because very small cabin volume

Feels fast without actually going fast - never worry about losing points to speeding tickets

Tire size is uncommon thus less choices

No power but still gives that turbo shove.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hello, i am looking to get a manual copen. Anybody has any potential contacts for this car?

After watching sgcarmart for so long it seems that nobody is listing any manual drive copens at all.

If i am really that unlucky, can someone help to give me a breakdown as to how much it would cost (and what are the conditions) to import the new copen cero?

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
15 minutes ago, dumbbird said:

Hello, i am looking to get a manual copen. Anybody has any potential contacts for this car?

After watching sgcarmart for so long it seems that nobody is listing any manual drive copens at all.

If i am really that unlucky, can someone help to give me a breakdown as to how much it would cost (and what are the conditions) to import the new copen cero?

Go for a Honda S660. I think will be a better drive.

Neutral Newbie
2 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

Go for a Honda S660. I think will be a better drive.

Looking more for a cute face rather than the aggressive looking face.
thanks for the suggestion though

↡ Advertisement