Good Luck to those China Car owner!

Gamax

Neutral Newbie

http://sg.biz.yahoo.com/061120/1/44y88.html

Monday November 20, 4:04 PM

Auto defects up in China amid price war

Defects have been found in 77 percent of locally made cars in China, largely due to a price war forcing manufacturers to cut corners, state press has reported, citing an industry survey.

The defects, found within six months of the cars being bought, mainly involved the tires, air conditioning, brakes, locks and steering wheels, the China Daily said, citing the 2006 China Automobile Customer Satisfaction Index.

ADVERTISEMENT

"The defects are a result of carmakers constantly reducing prices and sacrificing quality," the paper quoted Fan Tianshun, director of the China Quality Association, which conducted the poll, as saying.

"I recommend car producers not to grab market share simply by lowering prices."

For every 100 new cars, there were an average of 338 defects, much higher than last year's 246, the report said.

On average, China's car prices have dropped about 10,000 yuan (1,250 dollars) per car each year over "the past few years" as manufacturers try to compete in the booming market, the paper said.

After years of dynamic growth, China is now the world's second largest auto market after the United States.

In the first 10 months of the year, 5.89 million vehicles were produced in China, up 27 percent from the same period in 2005, according to the China Association of Automobile Manufacturers.

Defects were more prevalent in cheaper cars in the 30,000 yuan to the 50,000 yuan range, such as China's homegrown Geely, Chery QQ and the Changan Alto, the paper said.

But fewer defects in more expensive cars helped result in customer satisfaction over China's domestically built automobiles actually growing by 0.1 percent so far this year over 2005, the paper added.

The index was based on a poll of 4,648 participants in 36 cities this year, it said.

kana ownezzzz man, left right center!

Good luck to cheapskate sporean who wanna buy cheaper car. [whip]

77% defects are the average liao after considering the "better quality" higher end china brand cars. [nosebleed]

330+ defects for every 100 new cars. OMG! that is almost 3.3 defects for every car.

and this records are excluding those unreported cases... [sweatdrop]

QQ is definately one of the model to have worst defect than 77% as it is the lowest end car as stated abv, another one is geely. They are road hazards [knife] and should not be on the road man. LTA betta have something to say for allowing cars like these to be allowed into spore [rifle][rifle]

pay 1 cent for 1/2 cent goods.. [laugh]

in the end going to pay more.. [smash]

<

Edited by Gamax
↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Bros, betta watch out when u are behind a QQ. later scarily it "auto jam brake" and u kana coz u langa from behind. those cheapskate QQ owners sure will claim u one since they so cheaperskate to buy QQ to save 1-2k.. [dizzy]

Neutral Newbie

I think you are a bit mean to term "Cheapskate S'porenas."

They are already pathetic to know this and yet you still [rifle] them.

Anyway I am not an owner.

need no worry , i can repair for them myself .. just get some cheap metal sheet and or plastic , bend bend there abit , rivet here abit and it will be fixed perfectly like new ! [thumbsup]

r u filing a minority report here?

aren't u too judgemental given that every known brand of cars on the road b it rolls royce or bmw also got a factory recall.

btw, wat car u own? would u agree if some1 driving a lambo call ur ride a cheapskate? he's neither wrong too.

im wondering, does LTA check thru the car since they approve it to singapore market??

im just curious, does LTA certfied any car that's selling in singapore to be safe and compliance with certain standards?? like PSB certifying any electrical product with a sticker??..

just like, since they certfied certain car model with HID headlamp to be legal, there must be some guidance to say so and whatever HID we fix up ourselves is illegal since they say it has not been certified by LTA and a hazard to others road user, did they certified the QQ and geely??? If they do, that means we dont expect QQ to explode right???.. i dont know...just ask only....

im thinking maybe LTA has somthing like PSB lor..... [confused]

Neutral Newbie

Be careful how you use the word "cheapskate".

Personally I find it offensive.

A QQ is more cheapskate than a Vios which is more cheapskate than a Latio which is more cheapskate than a 147 which is more cheapskate than a Golf GTI which is more cheapskate than an EVO9 which is more cheapskate than a Exige which is more cheapskate than a M6 which is more cheapskate than a Maserati which is more cheapskate than a GT3 which is more cheapskate than a Enzo which is more cheapskate than a ContinentalGT which is more cheapskate than the Veryon which is more cheapskate than a heli which is more cheapskate than a personal jet which is more cheapskate than an Air Force One which is more cheapskate than a Space Shuttle...

How cheapskate is the word "cheapskate"? [:|]

good one bro...

as u said...

there is no end to the word 'cheapskate'

but seriously speaking if china cars are value for money...

me dun mind getting one for a 2nd ride...

so many china rides in china itself...

so why wori...am i riterolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

Neutral Newbie

15 years back when china made products were first available on international market, there were quite intensive debating about china made cloth could cause allergy and china food could potentially be health threaten. i still remember those...

i agree that MIC cars are not yet up to the standard of continental/japanese cars at this moment though they are not priced to that either. given them some time, say 5-10 years, ppl will get used to it and driving a china made car could be as natural as buying and wearing a china made T-shirt.

btw those china car vendors got huge (i mean huge) domestic market to support. they will be able to envolve and move on very fast without selling a single car in singapore, whether you like it or not. i dont see there is anyway you can stop them.

actually i saw quite number of china local made Audi and VW when i was in beijing and shanghai. very nice. wondering if there is any dealer wants to bring it in. i really dont mind paying 70k for an china made Audi. hehe...

Edited by Liuhao