Head lamp spraying service

Imamiah

eventually,it will still leak.saw lotsa cases already.not leak as in flood inside.but you can see water vapors inside the headlamp after u wash your car or after a rainy day.

Neutral Newbie
found this head lamp spraying service. can gv e head lamps a smoked look. any bro tried? will water leak into e re-sealed headlamps?

http://www.kereta.sg/Detail.php?ProductID=...3FCategory%3D25

hi, just to share. the risk of a "foggin" headlamp is VERY REAL. i did mine (not at the above mentioned shop) and the headlamp unit FOGS whenever i turn on the headlamp in the rain. [thumbsdown] BUT when the fog clears, the headlamp looks really good. Cosmetic VS Practicality?? [:/]

btw, the headlamp is also NOT AS BRIGHT as before- since the inner-reflector material (not sure the exact term) is now "sprayed-over".

I did mine as well.

No it doesn't fog up at all.

Yes the headlamps are as bright as before. Cos the sprayed black part is not the reflector, it is just a separate chrome piece that sits infront of the reflector. This piece does not help to reflect any light at all. So the light throw can't be affected.

For yours it fogs up maybe the guy never did a proper job, and why it's not as bright as b4 i do not know. Maybe your reflector was also sprayed black, but can't be, don't think any mechanics is that silly to do that.

Neutral Newbie

Good for you bro. unfortunately, i have BOTH the problems. [sweatdrop] pure unlucky, i guess. mine is ALL BLACK inside. [lipsrsealed]

can you share where you did yours and price? hv another fren looking to do his headlamps- will be good to hv alternatives. thanks.

yours is all black inside????!?!??!?? cannot be la..... then how is ur headlamp going to work??? care to post some pictures for me to see???

I did it at express motion along sembawang rd. Spring leaf ave there. It costs 140.

I'm with you on this. I DIY'ed mine and even with a high pressure hose sprayed onto the headlamps there are no leaks or fogging up issues. As for brightness it should NOT be an issue either as in your case... the reflectors should not be sprayed. If anyone has either one of the issues, then the shop that did it did not do it well.

I had my headlamps sprayed blacked internally. D-I-Y-ED. [scholar]

17-11-06_0908.jpg

Bad news is, my passenger side was perfectly sealed. No FOGs, no Water going in. However, on my drivier side, due to lack of silicon to seal (din buy enough [rifle] ), it will have very very minimal FOGs going into it. Just small small patches. Very fast gone de.. I lazy refix duh.. Lolz..