What do you think of my driving style?

Turbonetics

iam prepared to be a sandbag for those of you who don't like my drivng style or had met drivers like me.

but please read my post clearly before you throw your punch.sly.gif

iam a driver who like to cut in and out of the lane just to get to my destination ASAP and hope to siam as many redlights as possible.my speed are normally following the legal speed limits or maybe plus 10km/hr.

i cut in and out with my signal ON with ample space and try not to make cars behind me to brake.i always remember safety comes first.i seldom hear vehicles horning at me from my rear when filtering into their lane.

some of my friends or collegues who had sat in my car or see how i drive said iam a reckless driver.

i believe some of you have got a similar driving habit as me or had seen drivers driving like me.

so ladies and gentlemen,please put on your gloves now.dead.gif

Edited by Turbonetics
↡ Advertisement

u need to train 5 more years...come back when u can change 'seldom' to 'never' in "i seldom hear vehicles horning at me from my rear when filtering into their lane."

typical driver response time to react is about 7 sec or more

filtering in and out with signaling and ample room for the driver left , right or behind of you is ok.

but, remember, filtering in and out of traffic may make you arrive at your trip faster if not on time. But to drivers sharing the road with you, may make driving experience in singapore feeling like crap.

i think that will be very hard.

i can't control their hands.

those seldom ones who horned even though there are still big gap in between.hur.gif

even if i cut into them with 20 metere ahead,they might still itchy finger and use high beam.

As long as u hv safety in mind then its ok.. but how safe is safe? u wont know if the driver whom u cut his lane brake or not? some kanjiong spiders will brake even tho u think itz a safety distance to cut into his lane, he thinks otherwise. juz a thought.. nothing against ur drivin style.. i used to do dat.. [:p] and it gets real frustrated when aft cuttin lanes u ended up stoppin at a red light, together with those cars whom u hv cut into their lanes...

but, remember, filtering in and out of traffic may make you arrive at your trip faster if not on time. But to drivers sharing the road with you, may make driving experience in singapore feeling like crap.

this is what i want to know what others think,but can you support your sentence in bold?wink.gif

i know there are some drivers who see cars filter into their lane,they will still tap the brake be it the distance.

i can't control their legs to.what i mean is not to let them brake just to let me into their lane.unless those slow jamming traffic is different story.

and yes,many times it happened that iam stuck in the same traffic as those vehicles that i had cut.

at least i tried.there are still many traffic ahead.i might wave bye bye to them in the next traffic.laugh.gif

Bro, i have no problem with your style of driving except that your blood pressure might shoot up slightly as you have to be extra careful [:)] but unfortunately our matas will give you a summon should they notice your zig zagging in & out at the traffic [:p]

Edited by Mzrmazda3

Used to drive like you...

Realised that kinda dangerous as other road users cannot predict what you gonna do. Realised that mentally also beri stress upon arriving at destination. driving weaving in and out also attracts the attention of mata.

So now drive relac relac...just go with the flow. If not blood pressure sure goes up. Time save also not that great with our start stop. The very most you arrive 10 mins earlier (kangcheong driving vs relac driving).

Passengers are the ones who will usually feel the swinging effect more when you turn as they cannot anticipate your driving habits. Thus, it is common for them to feel that you are reckless. But, as long as you don't cause inconvenience to other road users and you ALWAYS signal, you are doing ok.

i agree,mentally very stress and eyes tiring.

sometimes i want to drive relax relax and stay at lane 2 or 3 of the expressway but when i see other lane very empty,i will have the urge to filter in and speed up.

and yes,the time to reach destination is only like 5-10 mins difference.

iam prepared to be a sandbag for those of you who don't like my drivng style or had met drivers like me.

iam a driver who like to cut in and out of the lane just to get to my destination ASAP and hope to siam as many redlights as possible.my speed are normally following the legal speed limits or maybe plus 10km/hr.

i cut in and out with my signal ON with ample space and try not to make cars behind me to brake.i always remember safety comes first.i seldom hear vehicles horning at me from my rear when filtering into their lane.

some of my friends or collegues who had sat in my car or see how i drive said iam a reckless driver.

i believe some of you have got a similar driving habit as me or had seen drivers driving like me.

depends on my mood and if i rush for time anot i will drive like u. i only can say as long as no accidents, no horn, no brake from other cars. should not be a problem IMO.

My stand is very easy, u dun like my driving den dun sit in my car. but of cuz when my parents sit my car i have to guai guai drive [laugh] they r the exceptions

u see, drivers know what they r doing but passengers duno and if passenger that is a licensed driver i think worse cuz they like to teach u how to drive. [laugh] agree?

Can't give you a feedback as it really depends on how ample the space is. Ditto for signalling. I ever saw a car weaving with signal but all the signal is one blink niah.

But I would not want to sit in your car.

Having sat on many taxis that weave in and out of traffic it's really uncomfortable for a passenger.dizzy.gif

With reading too carefully [:p] , I dun have objection to people changing lane to get to the front and reaching their destination faster but how fast, it's subjective.

But I do what you did at times also... sometimes, I don't even bother to signal coz the distance betw my car and those behind are still quite a distance.

Hey, signal too much hor, the bulb will not last leh.. then hand is heavy to lift up coz it's on the armrest. [sly]

having said that, I dun see it much of a point if the traffic is snaking all the way, so even if I get infront one or two more cars, it's not going to make much difference to my finishing time, in fact, I burn more petrol due to acceralation and waste more brake wear. This is not counting the fact that I have to be more alert to other cars that is speeding up so as not to let me in.

In short, you can do what you want but in a safe manner. Best practise can be followed but you don't have to use it all the time.

Cheers

↡ Advertisement