Yummy 1.6 engines from Opel

Fluffy

The new weight-optimized 1.6 TWINPORT ECOTEC (85 kW/115 hp) with a variable camshaft joins the bestselling 1.6-liter TWINPORT engine (77 kW/105 hp). With the 115 hp engine coupled to a five-speed Easytronic transmission, the Astra needs only 6.3 liters of fuel per 100 kilometers. Continuous variable control of both camshafts is the main reason for the performance benefits. With this

post-3-1164258624_thumb.jpg

Edited by Fluffy
↡ Advertisement

wah looks good... wonder when the cars fitted with these new engines will arrive in Singapore's shores...

Seems like this is what they are propping up their sales with...mid life cycle enhancement for a product that have been introduced since 2004. A timely change...according to statistic, would believe that we should have these newer engine by middle of 2007 !

If only they'll be coming to sg..

Finally a 1.6Turbo that's of some calibre!

Budden, wat turbo they using? Can up 75hp...

Edited by Nazaki

You wait long long ! Chevrolet only get 1st generation hand me downs from Opel. The engine on the Chevy are primitive compared to the Opels.

If you want these Opel engine, only way to get them is to buy an Opel, unfortunately.

CBX

Neutral Newbie

issit..my bro aveo got e-tec 2 leh..once it got rid of old stock...GM will use it for chevrolet...no point produce old engine after running out and having 2 type of series parallel produce.. [sly][laugh][laugh]

err, these are official figures and yes, they are that good.

u seem surprise.....why? is because these engines are not from Japan and don't have the "i-vtec" or "vvt-i" moniker?

in fact, most europeans vehicles usually have a few more ponies than the official ones. [:p]