Car Insurance discounts

Fivegear

Hi Guys,

Some advice on Auto Insurance. This August just paid up the AIG insurance for my 3 year old 1.5L car around $9XX.00.

The breakdown for the discount include :

5% Certificate of Merit Disc

30% No-Claim Discount

5% Renewal Promotion Discount

10% On-the-Spot Discount

Total = 50%

However, recently just bought a new ride that mandate the insurance must tie with AXA for the 1st year. The SE told me I will only be given a discount of 30% under AXA. Is this the way it has to go when you change a car that has different car insurance tie ups?

If after one year, i rejoined back AIG will they restore my discount with them?

↡ Advertisement

5% Certificate of Merit Disc

Heard most insurance companies will give if u have 30% NCD. So should bug your SE.

5% Renewal Promotion Discount

10% On-the-Spot Discount

These two are probably AIG specific, and vary from company to company and agent to agent. laugh.gif No harm negotiating. sly.gif

5% COM Discount is any insurance COY has to give you due to good driving as recog by TP

i see the max u get is 35% tangible discount...

so you prob dun get 10% on spot and 5% renewal lor...butthen if the new AXA gives u same amt as if after AIG discount and excess even lower..then u do the maths u njoe who le maaaaaaaa

1 year later u join u onli got COM and 40% NCD lor...how to get loyalty when u leave one year and back..haha and why wld u wan do so if u decide to leave it le

then...

DOWN W LUCY [lipsrsealed] !

haha just change to something tt will gif u a peace of ur mind and not worry abt excess and all baa! tts my policy! cost is secondary compared to the 'what if' support

yah, my plan is ok, with ZERO access and ANY workshop. I heard the claim also no problem so far.

And they give 5% COM, 10% loyalty discount. And free NCD protection if insure with them for more than 3 years.

ok bro nowadays ppl got habit DIG up old post and clock [sweatdrop] haha

so i tell u what 1 year later from the time i finally get my car (which still dunoe when it will come) i will ask u for ur insurance agent..haha onz?

1 yr dig out [sly]

Haha, no problem.

Anyway, I also forgot who introduce me to Mitsui but I found their rate are very competative and hence stop sourcing around liao.

↡ Advertisement