Do You Test Drive Your Car Before Purchase?

Vit4wd

Do You Test Drive Your Car Before Purchase?  

42 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

I know of some people who do not even test drive the car before purchase.

I have a friend who is already thinking of selling off his 2 mth old Camry 2.0 as he found it underpowered. He bought it during the launch, when test drive Camrys were not available at Borneo Motors.

Would you purchase your 2nd biggest "investment" (after property) without a test drive?

Why?

↡ Advertisement

This usually happened to Toyota die-hard Uncle type. I know of a friend who didn't even test drive an Altis but signed on the dotted line. His explanation was, he just want a reliable Point A to Point B car. He also mentioned that driving a corolla is also no so catchy and protray a down to earth image. If he buy a Civic, people will think he is those chiong kind.

Regards,

Neutral Newbie

Well..i think it's logical to test drive to buy something that cost a bomb..lol

anyway for me i test drive altis then jazz then when come to mitsubshi, signed on the dotted line without testing cause had to wait a long queu....

lol

never. Booked my Vios in Jan 2003, never test drive. Test drove the Corolla and since Vios was smaller, shd be fine. Booked my FD2 in Dec 2005, never test drive also. Happy so far. Main thing, if got regret, too bad for me. But I did loads of research online before I made my decisions.

Personally think no need if one is familiar with the car through research or other indirect experience.

Afterall, no one sleep in the house before buying also, and some bought even before the flat is built!

yes, of course! I do not go for hearsays that 'buy certain makes sure no wrong one, cos it is XXXXXXXX!'.

cannot rem how many cars I test drove, think some of the se already knew who was I that time!!

never test drive for the past 5 cars I

bought. To me, all japanese about the same.

Thus, had purchase and try out 5 dfferent brand of japanese car.

Toyota, Honda, Nissan, Mitsubishi and suzuki. Average drive about

2 yrs for each model.

Really, to me , all the japanese car are more or less the same

where they shine in different areas. Unless you talking

about the conti, then I will test drive first before I commit.

I also never test drive my ride. When I see the big boot and 5-year warranty, I blur-blur commit liao.... [:p]

Then I read about the Mondeo being the best handling car in its class, largi more happy.

During that time, I know nuts about cars.

↡ Advertisement