Maintaince advice on Klasse and waxing

Techaview

hi shifu here, this is my first post in detailing folder, hope you guys dun find it a stupid qns. here it goes

Did a detailing session last week before gg to JB last weekend,

1) Wash

2) Claybaring

3) Klasse AIO

4) Klasse SG

5) Sonax Wax after 24 hours curing by SG

Now that i am into the first week for maintaining the shine. Am thinking of using FK425 to regain the shine and apply another layer of sonax wax on top of that.

Alternatively use Klasse SG to layer another round -> FK425 -> Sonax wax?

Thanks

↡ Advertisement

Now that i am into the first week for maintaining the shine. Am thinking of using FK425 to regain the shine and apply another layer of sonax wax on top of that.

Yes,u can use FK425 each time time after car wash,or wax it and follow by FK425 to remove residue left by the wax.

[/color]

Alternatively use Klasse SG to layer another round -> FK425 -> Sonax wax?

no problem if u want to layer SG again,some of the bro layered 2 to 3 layer of SG each week.

Layered SG > FK425 and after 24hrs,sonax wax if you want to

This is what i practise.. AIO > SG after 24hrs, layered of wax.I maintain ity with FK425 each time after car wash, following week,I will wax again..I will apply SG again maybe 2 weeks later.

If my ride is really reallyshakehead.gif,i will AIO again and repeat the whole process

Sonax Wax contain any cleaner??>

If it does, then u will clean off the Klasse Coat.

If not then it's safe to use Sonax after KSG.

What I suggest is:

1. wash

2. clay

3. AIO

4. Multi layers of SG (at least 3-5 layers with 12 hours apart to made a good protection)

5. Sonax wax weekly and finish it with 425 (to reduce dirt [thumbsup] )

MarcosTan

I don't think sonax wax contains any cleaner. Inititally using sonax liquid polish + wax, i think progress 3..... After toking to maddriver, he recommended me to use wax without cleaner properties. That y after serching for the type i want, finally settle on sonax. I think after sonax gona try JEFFS Werkstatt as it looks impressive with those done by bro Gen2.

Brother,

Since u hv Klasse, there's no point to try JEFFS, IMHO they are both the similar

product.

I still highly suggest u do 3-5 layers of KSG for a good base before u put any

thing on top of it.

Did try Sonax 15 years ago but then still old formula and it did give a very good

result. Now I dare not to use any other new product, I hv too many differ products

and all give me good result. So I settle with Klasse, FK1000P, FX100 & FK425 as

my detailing routie. [flowerface]

Neutral Newbie

second Marcos.

it's usually advisable to APPLY as many layers of SG (3-5 layers; 8hrs in between each layer) prior to wax. better bonding.

once you have done the SG, u can then go to the Last Step- Waxing. and keep on to your weekly regiment of Waxing+FK detailing or just FK stuff.

in about 6 mths time. you can do the WHOLE Resealig again (Claybar+AIO+ many layers of SG again). :)

wow all the brudders here done at least 3-5 layers of SG. Did mine with 2 onli. Hehe maybe it's time for me to add on more SG layers. Maybe 2nite until friday, then i will have 5 layers before i do the LSP (waxing) on saturday.

BTW is it advisable to apply FK425 after SG? or just let the SG cure first before applying any other stuffs? thanks

Neutral Newbie

advisable to let it cure first. though i did find using the detailer does an excellent job in "smoothing out" the SG. not sure if it's "diluting" the SG. haha

and yes. welcome to the world of crazy auto 'geeks'.. putting on layers of SG is no joke, especially with the curing time. you might want to try out Chemical Guy's Factory Sealant of M-Seal (heard tat it's got no curing time)

thanks wishing. nah think i will stick with Klasse first until i try other brands. Reali love the durablity and shine of Klasse hehe,

Neutral Newbie

[thumbsup] you are welcome. i am still on Klasse too, though the M-Seal is very tempting since my ride is due for the whole "resealing process" soon.

since u r on durability, u might also want to try the Collinite's Super Double Coat Paste Wax (it claim 1 FULL YEAR of durability) as your LSP. [;)]

happy detailing...it's a poisonous affair as i found out... (i now have 3 shelf worth of detailing products...$$$)

Dteailing takes discipline; Refraining fr. buyin more and more pdts take even more restraint. [rolleyes]

guys read some other thread an got a query to ask.

after AIO and SG and wax, maintainance wash is with shampoo or just water wipe off will do coz i read that using shampoo will reduce the SG coating? thanks

If my ride is not dirty by rain then I just water wipe off otherwise I will

using shampoo to wash.

If I used shampoo more then 2 times I shall layering another layer of SG.

MarcosTan

got a qns, normally i will just apply sonax wax after my SG. As it has been raining past few days, i believe my wax is long gone. I am wondering does any brudder here get the water beading effect with only klaase SG as their protection? best is got picture to show. hehe thanks

Hi Marcos,

I would like to know when is AIO needed again? Seems that its Wash then AIO once and after that its just wash and SG.

Thanks!

↡ Advertisement