Friend need sm technical advise

Ice34_y2k

My frd is driving a Chevolet Aveo 5 (Hatch) for abt a yr, OPC... mileage abt 20k. The steering wheel start wobbling fr 90km/hr on a even road... things get with higher speed. I've test drove his car and find it unbelievable. The situation is quite bad... he went to Starauto and gt the standard "it's like that one" kinda answer aft performing sm checks.

Any kind soul here encounter or c/across such prob... pls advise on hw 2 rectify it.

thx alot...

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

This happened to me on my rio previously. maybe you can try.

My Steering wheel starts wobbling when at high speed although not tat serious. I went to C&C to check. they cant find anything and did some wheel balancing. this does not solve the issue. So once i went to JB to check. they found out that there is a so call bump on the tire and tats why it happens. Maybe you can check that as well.

Steering wobbling at >90kmh cud b caused by many things.

Possible causes r: Rims or tyres damaged or out of balance. Steering or suspension parts worn or loose/damaged.

Best is to get them checked by a good mech. Unfortunately most AD's don't have any good mechs. Only chap-a-lang mechs.

U might need to spend some $$$ & go to an outside workshop to have it diagnosed, then go back to the AD & u tell them what is wrong & get them to repair if under warranty.

My frd is driving a Chevolet Aveo 5 (Hatch) for abt a yr, OPC... mileage abt 20k. The steering wheel start wobbling fr 90km/hr on a even road... things get with higher speed. I've test drove his car and find it unbelievable. The situation is quite bad... he went to Starauto and gt the standard "it's like that one" kinda answer aft performing sm checks.

Any kind soul here encounter or c/across such prob... pls advise on hw 2 rectify it.

thx alot...

talk to the SM and tell him that this can be fixed outside, StarAuto has to pay for the cost. See if he is interest to fix for you. if there is a problem, there is a problem. but make sure he (SM) see and acknowledge the issue.

↡ Advertisement