Kena stopped by MY TP on the way to go-karting at Permas Jaya

Chromas

On my way with Jonbummer in the afternoon to Permas Jaya, he was the leading the way along Taman Sentosa area. We were making a right turn to head towards the coast towards Permas Jaya and guess what happened just as I turned right...

... that's right, a Malaysian TP was there and they pulled me over. In front of my car was a MY car with its occupants talking to another of their TP.

Jon had managed to avoid the TP snare and was ahead waiting for me.

I was thinking to myself, "Oh crap, must hand over some samolian papers so satisfy them soon. What a waste of paper samolians (I hope you guys understand what I mean by samolians)."

I wound down the window and asked him, "Apa, sir?"

He replied, "Racing, ah?"

I replied, "Ya, ya, go Permas Jaya racing ya"

He looked at my steering, then looked at the Kumho overall that I was wearing and then he waived us on...

... lucky me... and I thought I was just about to have to part with some paper samolians just to satisfy them...

↡ Advertisement

Once our convoy reached the Petronas nearing Permas for a stop / toilet / top up fuel / snacks / etc., we were all talking about the incident just passed.

That was a highly dangerous place to stop cars as it was a terribly busy junction and a blind right corner. If I had been going faster around that place, I'd have probably squished the guy for trying to collect samolians.

I guess it's a general motoring note when travelling up to MY. You're likely to meet samolian collectors on the road wherever you go, be it on the NS Highway or in the rural kampong roads as well.

I've been wondering on what is the best way to deal with these samolian lovers.

Do as what the locals do...... keep say RM$30 to 40 in your wallet. Then if asked, show them that's all you have..... take it or leave it.

Never put a wad of notes all visible. That'll invite whoever samolian collectors to only take more.

yup it's a darn dangerous place to be setting up a

'$pot check$'

they also darn solid standing on the road when the traffic

had to squeeze to the left to avoid hitting them

another point is that at the end of the road is a Left or Right

turn, which means some cars are actually trying to filter to turn

accordingly...

[sweatdrop]

all in all, it's a nut case of sorts... if u ask me.

[dizzy]

Last two times I was stopped, and they said I was doing something earlier on, I'd reply, "Is it, where got? You got see is it? Who saw it? Would you like me to talk to xxxxxxxxxxxx (mention their Chief of Police Name) to resolve this problem now?"

The last time samolian collectors appeared on my way to KL, I was in a convoy. I really felt like stripping them down and cable-tieing their hands to the nearest pole, but had to restrain myself cos of the whole group. My partner in the car was listening to me get mad while we were driving off after handing over 100 samolians per car to those collectors furious.gif

Samolian collectors lack a brain to know what is safety. They should belong to road kill.

The situation was very dangerous yesterday with the number of cars squeezing to get past the collectors.

Damn, if they had collected samolians yesterday, I wouldn't have had enough samolians for the go-kart session. furious.gif

Sometimes, one can be firm when you are certain that you've not violated any traffic regulations. (Probably won't work well unless you're somewhat fluent in Bahasa)

Otherwise, when in doubt or it is confirmed that you've violated the laws somewhat, just give and go. They can delay your schedules and make things very difficult.

Just ensure you do not give too much by limiting your cash holdings in your wallet. Same applies to robbers etc... they just want cash, nothing else.

Note that even the locals are not spared.

I know... Sat night work until 3am... concussed until 12pm on Sunday... I pass u the Samolians for Sundays event... Will PM you about it...

Yah, true... keep less samolians in the wallet then no choice for them...

There are numerous times when they stopped for nothing but the samolian collections... thumbsdown.gif

indeed safety is the last thing on their mind

[sweatdrop]

no cash is ok there... believe it or not

they do accept credit card at the go kart place!

[:p]

thank goodness, they had not get us in any ways.

[;)]

Very good... they take credit card, just imagine... in every 10min of go-kart time, about 6 to 8 karts go out all the time... every 10 to 20min, they collect about RM 200... and when you guys go out for the higher CC carts, that's around 5 karts too... easily another RM 200... each of that weekend afternoon equals almost quite a few thousand samolians collected too... shocked.gif