Parallel Import SKODA

Fluffy

Neutral Newbie

any indicative when VW HQ will actually take over from C&C?

been some time now, hope some positive development comes in by CNY 07... [bounce1]

anticipating for an octy!!!

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

That's right. I've been wanting to upgrade my old VAG car to my present one (which I had been eyeing for years). When the AD had the closing down sale, I just went for it. Now still happy driving my car for 3 years with no issue of support.

Hi. Is CA really gonna drop Skoda? I have just printed my name on the dotted line for A5...n the SE still tell me dat their company is going to buck up on the marketing efforts!! [furious]

What will happen if the AD drop the brand?? are we gonna be orphans?

Neutral Newbie

Congrats on your A5, dude [thumbsup] tho I'm honestly tempted to ask what is meant by "buck up" as we've all heard that before from other places...[laugh][laugh]

As for getting the brand dropped and becoming orphans, if the car means enough to you, it won't matter too much - and this is speaking from personal experience [;)]

Neutral Newbie

That I do concurred. thumbsup.gif

5 years on and you are still contesting for the last 1 Gen Tody owner awards ??? !!! sly.gif

Not so fast lah ... by then, I think ur warranty would have expired & u'll be servicing it outside anyway ... laugh.giflaugh.gif

no diff, right ?

Anyway, lots of VAG parts around and workshops doing VAG rides.

Yup...that's true.....even when KM offered to throw in more freebies....i still stick to my gun n sign on the dotted line with Skoda. [sunny]

Well..at least there is one thing i do know...i still have u guys out there to depend on for advise if i do have any problem with my ride.... [thumbsup]

As for buck up....i dunno wat they gonna do to step up on the branding...(maybe more advertisements?)...but I dun really bother as long as i have my ride n enjoying it.hahahaha!!!

Neutral Newbie

Yup, still in the running, and getting ever closer to the goal.

It helps that one original owner has recently decided to wear red underwear outside and become a super(b) man [laugh][laugh]

oi, i give u chance hor !! [:p]

and btw, it is not red underwear, it's a red barf inducing red G-string......[lipsrsealed]

There is no free lunch in this world. Freebies are dished out when the SE has sufficient commission to be received from your new vehicle loan, vehicle sales commission and trade-in of your existing vehicle. Some distribuors are able to dish out fantastic deals for used car because sufficiently fat profit margins have been factored into the new car pricing.

i suppose if the AD isn't doing a good job, getting from a PI isn't a bad idea. The PI you're referring to I suppose are VAG wkshops, which have been svc VAG cars for some time now. As for tropicalisation, i don't see why the PI can't bring in a tropicalised model. its all abt contacting a dealer there and getting it deregistered to be registered here. but in the end, it's all about how much trust you have in the VAG wkshop. The price of a PI is obviously cheaper as the overheads are clearly lower. There is no nice showroom to maintain, no huge stocking of parts. what's left is the trust part which is only something u can answer.

Buying from PI might not be cheaper as the OMV is higher.

Also, CA might be selling a non-standard vRS which is like customised to fit locals eg, KM's civic 1.6A, 2.0A and 1.8 with the paddle shift. All the examples I had given should give you a better idea on where i'm coming from. Unless, you can confirm that Skoda's factory only produce 1 such car with standard options on the vehicle. Then you can try PI. But maybe PI cannot get the car into singapore due to emission.

European cars are not easy to PI as the capital layout is so much higher than the Japanese makes.