Toyota MRS-Good car?

Mercs

I was glad to own MRS for close to 2 yrs. It was fun to drive.

I had a fully zhng MRS with wide body kit & titanium exos.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Wow. An almost 9 years old Thread still pops up.

Subject though remains relevant today - for "cheap" and affordable roadster, Spyder was certainly one of the few that comes to my mind with that lovely short throw stickshift and rwd when the time "drifting" has yet to become a sport.

Almost a decade on, I wish for a reincarnation with its simplicity as a musical instrumentalist for average folks who simply love to drive.

A keyboard to play that sexy sweeping curves with pure pleasure.

2007-toyota-mr-s_5.jpg

Wow nice ride. Your ang moh very chim and yet powderful 👍

• Praise 1

I wanna buy a 2007/08 Toyota MRS, please pm me if you wanna sell yours!

Same same.. been looking for it but not easy to find a good one. (Non lemon) . Maybe next year around may -jun 2016.. for me.

Supercharged
(edited)

Having been seeing a red MRS who zheng till like Ferrari. A middle aged man and on boon lay way in the morning head toward discouvery center every morning..

To me its a joke. why do it when it is a Toyota. no matter what you do it is still a Toyota. the previous model of harrier ppl also like zheng till like lexus.. what is the point man.. lying to oneself..haii... think ppl don't know but can tell it is fake

post-74142-0-68683900-1434944752.jpg

Edited by Heman75

Wow. An almost 9 years old Thread still pops up.

Subject though remains relevant today - for "cheap" and affordable roadster, Spyder was certainly one of the few that comes to my mind with that lovely short throw stickshift and rwd when the time "drifting" has yet to become a sport.

Almost a decade on, I wish for a reincarnation with its simplicity as a musical instrumentalist for average folks who simply love to drive.

A keyboard to play that sexy sweeping curves with pure pleasure.

2007-toyota-mr-s_5.jpg

I also wish for a new updated version of the MR-S..

Small, light, 2 seater convertible, MR configuration. And affordable / cheap. And manual.

Best would be same weight (or less) as this MR-S, but with slightly more power.. Maybe in the range of 160-180 bhp. =D

I also wish for a new updated version of the MR-S..

Small, light, 2 seater convertible, MR configuration. And affordable / cheap. And manual.

Best would be same weight (or less) as this MR-S, but with slightly more power.. Maybe in the range of 160-180 bhp. =D

That's my thought too. The engine from last Celica SS2 is the best.

• Praise 1

That's my thought too. The engine from last Celica SS2 is the best.

Hi 5!

I'm not sure about the Celica's engine because, haven't driven it before, or even sat in one before.. I just feel that the MR-S could do with a little bit more power.. I like it's handling a lot, and how low it sits. (Though I split my formal / work pants once, haha)..

Hi 5!

I'm not sure about the Celica's engine because, haven't driven it before, or even sat in one before.. I just feel that the MR-S could do with a little bit more power.. I like it's handling a lot, and how low it sits. (Though I split my formal / work pants once, haha)..

Celica SS1 is using the same engine as MR-S.

SS2 is 1.8L with VVTL-i, which is essentially VTEC + VVT-i.

Celica SS1 is using the same engine as MR-S.

SS2 is 1.8L with VVTL-i, which is essentially VTEC + VVT-i.

Thanks!

I was referring more to the intangibles though.. The feel portion rather than the specs, haha..

Thanks!

I was referring more to the intangibles though.. The feel portion rather than the specs, haha..

I believe that MRS with VVTL-i would give us the feeling closer to a real sports car.

Juz imagine, top down & max rev to 8k RPM.

Having been seeing a red MRS who zheng till like Ferrari. A middle aged man and on boon lay way in the morning head toward discouvery center every morning..

To me its a joke. why do it when it is a Toyota. no matter what you do it is still a Toyota. the previous model of harrier ppl also like zheng till like lexus.. what is the point man.. lying to oneself..haii... think ppl don't know but can tell it is fake

So? Is it your car? What would you give a shit? He has the bucks he can do what he want to please himself....dont be an eyesore

So? Is it your car? What would you give a shit? He has the bucks he can do what he want to please himself....dont be an eyesore

you are still a kid after all these yrs. That said, think you really shd belong in other forums then.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

is not my car. he can do what he wants. and I have the right dislike it too. do you have a problem?

is not my car. he can do what he wants. and I have the right dislike it too. do you have a problem?

ignore the kid. Still has not grown up. does not know how to hold a decent dialogue without any form of challenges.

He's on moderation and after all these years, well, some things never change.

Supercharged

ignore the kid. Still has not grown up. does not know how to hold a decent dialogue without any form of challenges.

He's on moderation and after all these years, well, some things never change.

[:)] u know him?