Nail embedded in tyre

Kardachia

Just dicover I have a rusty nail embedded in my rear left tyre. It protrudes out from the side towards the edge at an angle. There is no head on the nail, maybe got scraped off already. The tyre don't seem to be losing pressure. Is it safe to leave the nail alone?

↡ Advertisement

Get it patched soon... It's leaking away slowly but surely... Quite safe to drive on patched tires... I drift on 2nd hand patched tires sometimes too... cos people throw away, and I take for almost next to FOC wink.gif

You can try Teo Hin Tires at Kaki Bukit. Any tire shop also can get it done for you. Usually they charge between $6 to $10 per tire thumbsup.gif

I doubt it's a prank...the angle it's embedded is too sharp...not perpendicular to the sidewall of the tyre...

Edited by Kardachia

Yah. Best is to get your tyre shop to remove it & do a patch if it's gone through.

Otherwise one day when u r in a hurry, u come down & see the tyre flat. [furious]

Just go patch it. Should not be more than $10 unless as someone suggested those internal and external patching. Just helped bring my friend's car to patch a couple weeks ago. The shop did an external patch that cost $8 and a less than 30 minutes job. Better than leaving a potential problem and if the air leak out eventually without you noticing, might end up having to change tire which cost more.

Mine also kena 2 nails within an interval of 2 weeks [:|]

Both i pulled it out and though pressure is not losing for now but after reading this thread have decided to bring it for patching just in case [sweatdrop][sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

Edited by Mzrmazda3

But if you'e not losing pressure, then it might not have punctured the tyres. Lidat what is there to patch? Locating the position where the nail pierced into the tyres' thread would also be difficult as I doubt there is such a large hole caused.

thanks for the advice...I'm going back for servicing this Fri..hoping it could last till then..

========================

Keep your fingers crossed.

Cheers. [wave]

If u pulled out the nail & the tyre did not deflate immediately, means got no hole all the way through. Maybe your tyres r still new?

But u can bring to the tyre shop to just check for air bubbles just in case.

Think he pulled the nail out for few days liao..... if tyres dun deflate even after few days (small pncture which leaks slightly).... most likely dun have issues.

↡ Advertisement