Flooding in Malacca ?

Amokie

Neutral Newbie

will be driving there on a road trip with 3 frens on Sat

gosh, saw the news.......saw alot of flooded villages [dizzy]

booked the makohta hotel already

anyone knows if my trip will be affected by the flood ? still planning to go jonker walk, portugese settlement etc.. [:(]

↡ Advertisement

Better don't go. The NS highway stretch from Tangkak to Ayer Keroh flooded. May have to divert to the old road. Flood in Malacca town also though not as bad. But the outlying areas quite bad. Weather expected to be very bad the next few days. Don't take risk. Better stay put in Singapore.

The Star - 21st Dec 2006

Segamat and Kota Tinggi folks stranded by floods

FLOODS worsened in the southern states, with the main roads leading into Kota Tinggi and Segamat in Johor cut off by rising waters since morning.

More than 45,000 people in Johor, Malacca, Negri Sembilan and Pahang have been evacuated.

Some 200 Tenaga Nasional Bhd (TNB) substations in Johor have been shut down, leaving over 3,500 premises without electricity.

Railway services to the south have been cancelled until further notice.

Certain areas in Segamat had their water supply cut off after three treatment plants were closed.

According to the Meteorological Department, more downpours are expected over the next few days.

Thursday December 21, 2006

Typhoon Utor to blame

CYBERJAYA: The flood havoc seen in Johor and other states is the result of a new weather phenomenon.

And while people in Johor can look forward to improving conditions by tomorrow, those in Pahang, Malacca, Negri Sembilan and the Klang Valley should remain on the lookout, possibly up to Sunday.

Science, Technology and Innovation Minister Datuk Seri Dr Jamaluddin Jarjis said the heavy rainfall was brought by strong winds from the South China Sea and western part of the Pacific Ocean, the after-effect of Typhoon Utor which hit the Philippines recently.

anyone knows if my trip will be affected by the flood ? still planning to go jonker walk, portugese settlement etc.. [:(]

[shakehead] Tis 2-3 days........also Raining Season........ [shakehead][shakehead]

wil de situation improve in jan?...i planning to go up to genting in jan.going to book dis sat.but dunno lei...skali jan still flooding..jialat

I just cancelled my hotel booking via asiarooms, waiting for confirmation email tomorrow morning.

will have to pay 1 night stay for cancellation less than 7 days.... already asked to be charged just admin fee b'coz its environmental reasons. i.e. flood.

I seriously would discourage anyone from going to malaysia these few days.

I just cancelled my hotel booking via asiarooms, waiting for confirmation email tomorrow morning.

will have to pay 1 night stay for cancellation less than 7 days.... already asked to be charged just admin fee b'coz its environmental reasons. i.e. flood.

Wise move, Bro [nod][nod][nod]

Edited by Mzrmazda3

i going on sun.. booked a room @ a'famosa already.. hope can get there safely

hi folks, i've called a local friend from Malacca. the town isn't affected(yet?), but the suburbs are. the only disturbing point is tat it's been raining NON-STOP.

hi bro, are you the one from Latio Club. heard much bout u..

i've already cancelled my hotel bookings as well (Equatorial)...

dun mean to rub it in.. lucky for me.. cancellation can be done 48hrs prior. [sweatdrop]

If u're driving via NS highway to places pass KL i.e. Ipoh, perak and penang its still ok. I just returned from Penang via NS highway. [;)] Along the highway, i can see many flooded houses and Palm plantations [shakehead] at Malacca

Edited by Fulcrum

I just came back to Singapore yesterday. A small section of NS highway was flooded, around 170km mark if I remember correctly, on the south-bound part. South-bound traffic was diverted to north-bound side.

One thing to take note is that: THERE ARE A LOT OF POT HOLES ON NS HIGHWAY. DRIVE VERY CAREFULLY. Try not to drive at night, it may be very hard to spot those pot holes. The pot holes are quite wide spread along Melaka and Johor part of NS Highway, along 170km up to 110km.

Most of the pot holes are on slow lane. Several sections were so bad that they have blocked it with "red cones".

I believe the holes are caused by heavy rain. I have made 4 trips to KL in Nov/Dec, only saw it yesterday.

Yah man.

You must be his brother. kekeke

I saw in the Latio forum that you cancelled your trip as well. oh well... just unlucky.

Next time if wanna organise will jio you again.

I just came back to Singapore yesterday. A small section of NS highway was flooded, around 170km mark if I remember correctly, on the south-bound part. South-bound traffic was diverted to north-bound side.

One thing to take note is that: THERE ARE A LOT OF POT HOLES ON NS HIGHWAY. DRIVE VERY CAREFULLY. Try not to drive at night, it may be very hard to spot those pot holes. The pot holes are quite wide spread along Melaka and Johor part of NS Highway, along 170km up to 110km.

Most of the pot holes are on slow lane. Several sections were so bad that they have blocked it with "red cones".

I believe the holes are caused by heavy rain. I have made 4 trips to KL in Nov/Dec, only saw it yesterday.

Agreed 100%. Try not to travel at night. It is especially bad when it rains and you visibility is low due to night and rain.

Many parts of the NS highway are down to 1 lane, either repair work or barriers (Either by plastic cones or metal poles) and it does not help with slow moving lorries and buses overtaking and then slowing down at the single lanes.

DRIVE WITH CARE!!

wil de situation improve in jan?...i planning to go up to genting in jan.going to book dis sat.but dunno lei...skali jan still flooding..jialat

up in Genting wont flood.. if flood, err... sweatdrop.gifsweatdrop.gifdead.gif

↡ Advertisement