Viper QQ and Discovery QQ in the making? Will you buy one?

Sirbrian

Just saw this news....interesting....

Finally I can own a cheap viper....imagine a 100hp viper [sweatdrop]

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/afp.../249823/1/.html

Quote:

DETROIT, United States : DaimlerChrysler's US arm said it was joining forces with China's Chery Automotive Co. to build small cars in China that will be sold in the United States and around the world.

Chinese state media in Beijing also confirmed that a deal between the US and Chinese auto makers had been reached under which Chery will build small cars for the Chrysler Group, a unit of the German-US giant.

Chrysler spokesman Jason Vines said Chinese-produced vehicles would be sold under its Dodge, Chrysler and Jeep brand names.

"It will be a Chrysler Group brand," he said. Chrysler hopes to sell initial models in the United States within the next 24 months.

End Quote

Edited by Sirbrian
↡ Advertisement

Cheaper Labour.

But I hope that does not compromise saftey and quality.

Or else if I drive the viper QQ at 100km/h and brake or an e-brake...the wheels may fly off.

smart move. the only radical way to fight the jap!

QC can be improved/rectified. but cheap manufacturing cost is tough to implement.

i bet DC's cars will be priced even more competitively than the jap.

if the joint venture is taking off, the qa and qc aspect is undoubtedly will be improved. then again if needs 2 hands to clap. if chery is still cutting corners elsewhere, then this would seriously have a deep impact to market confidence level permanently.

it took korean brands some 10-20 years before it is widely accepted by Singaporeans. Well, with China being the factory of the world, maybe another 5 years down the road we will be able to accept the quality of cars made in China. [rolleyes]

yup. you are right in saying this.

that is why what is hoped to be achieved in the joint venture will be to upz the confidence level.

and the only way to succeed is that both parties are doing their due diligence.

but hope it wont go the wrong way where ppl start to avoid DC instead of the right way which is for ppl to accept chery..

if chery follow's DC in terms of QC, i'm sure they'll take off quickly..