What local automotive magazine is your fav ?

Ghostrider

What local automotive magazine is your fav ?  

61 members have voted

1. 1.

• Torque
    • Wheels Asia
    • Motoring
    • Hot Wheels
    • Carma
    • Highway (Free for AA Member)
    • Asean Cars
    • Others...Pls state.

haa haa....paisay. after lunch very sleepy.unimpressed.gif

I normally only but Hotstuffs and Hypertune cos they teach u to "zheng" ur car. haa haaalaugh.gif

↡ Advertisement

laugh.gif i luv these two mags cos they tok abt "zhenged" cars and their setup... quite interested how they have such ponnies under their bonnet or their car looks so nice when compare to ur own.... so common.

In SG, u wan to mod ur engine and do exterior to look different from the rest. Scared kena "haunt" by the authorities. hiaz.lipsrsealed.gif

frankly after read the most local mags for a few issues .

i stop buying them , but still read a bit to keep in tune with the local market when friends happen to have a copy, or come across a copy.

if got chance try the uk's TOP GEAR and CAR

after reading them, trust me, u will give all these local mag a miss..

the reviewers/ writers in uk get to test drive in country roads/ tracks /highway and also under in different conditions.

local reviewers/write, get one out , if lucky from the dealer, if suay maybe borrow from friend ,

test aye to pie, in a few hour, and write their review

http://www.topgear.com/content/magflash/1206awards/

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/

Edited by Mingsect

I prefer What Car? for overseas magazine and torque for local magazine as most of the times they review cars earlier than other local magazines.

Neutral Newbie

i used to buy lots of Hot Wheels and Mattel when i was young [sly]

local mags, so far only bought Hot Stuff. not frequently too.

i once saw a US car mag at changi airport transit bookshop, featuring pimped up rides. u know, the bling bling kind. and they feature the rides of some hip hop artists too. not my taste (the bling blings), but makes me wonder wat kind of money they make [dizzy]

Anyway out of those listed in the poll I find CARMA to be the lousiest of all. Once I flipped thru this mag in MPH over lunch, and in this one encountere I noticed several wrong car specs listed in their cars compare, not to mention that their cars selected for comparison makes no sense [shakehead][hur]

Found this elswehere. Do you agree? [laugh]

The latest issue of EVO says:

EVO's 10 worst cars

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 Deronda F400

2 Toyota Corolla T-sport

3 Lexus SC430

4 Smart Crossblade

5 Saab 9-3 Viggen

6 AC 212 S/C

7 Strathcarron sc-5a

8 Mercedes CLK-GTR

9 Daihatsu Copen

10 VW Beetle RSi

no there is one worse -- Steer. the english is very lousy and paper quality sucks and the reviews are from ? reviewers. [thumbsdown]

carma i agree is quite lousy too

torque is likely the best local mag [lipsrsealed]

i like my free copy of carbuyer from the petrol station best ! [flowerface]

Edited by Azarael

Neutral Newbie

my favourite would be hot stuff.. bought one issue and it was better than the others., autocar was not bad at first.. but the price list was cut short and it began to become 'unsingaporean'.. wheels used to be 2 dollars but now 3 dollars liao.. But as for comments and discussion I think I would go for wheels and carma

Actually I kinda like Carma main review where by you get a very detailed review of the car based on 4 person's views. I know its kinda lo-so but after a while I kinda get used to it.

But if we were to expect Top Gear kinda no hold barred reviwes...its impossible. First, Top Gear is BBC with a international audience. Local mag is struggling to fight for market share...car manufacturer want their cars to be reviewed...while local magazine dying for cars to be reviewed....so cannot offend the local distributor.

Heck...who dares to bite the hands that feed them ?

You dun like your bossy client, you dun tell that to their face do you ? Unless you are gov body where they do business with you....then you can KL and tell them that they suck....and the most is they curse you behind your back only and never in your face...unless they have billions of dollars in reserves.

Hot Stuff and hyper tune is good for zhngned cars. When in the mood for reading exotics or just stock car reviews UK mags are the best. Among the best are

1.Autocar UK, comes out weekly with the most updated news and reviews in the motoring industry.

2.EVO mag UK-the thrill of driving. I would rate that as the best mag ever with those cars featured, breathtaking pictures and great great articles. Comes out only monthly and at a price.

Neutral Newbie

Hotstuff.. but after they include the models.. quite an eyesore coz they block the cars..i wanna see gal, i'd have bought FHM or Maxim wat..

↡ Advertisement