Massive Vehicle Pile-up at TPE

Sparcoray

hi, anyone was stucked in the massive jam at TPE ard 7plus to 8 plus where there's a massive vehicle pile-up near the Ponggol exit. I think abt 10 vehicles including a bus. Left with one lane passable to traffic. hope ppl involved are alright as it's realli a massive vehicle pile-up. drivingcar.gifwith cautious during rainy days...wave.gif

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

oh i was at the multi carpark of sengkang when i saw the jam but not the accident.. saw a integra moving on the road shoulder and tries to filter out when a WRX came from behind.. but no one gave way to the integra... lastly the WRX on his blinkers and siren but still kanna block by the integra who still stuck.. even tow truck behind WRX also kanna stuck.. wonder will he get a fine for this?sweatdrop.gif

laugh.gif me kena stucked in the jam... i was abt to exit at the ponggol exit where's i saw the massive pile-up...luckily before the TP rex is there cos I travel at the lane same as the integra.laugh.gifthumbsup.giflaugh.gif

Neutral Newbie

wah bro u damn lucky.. i can say the integra at least hold up the WRX for quite a while leh.. even tow truck also.. i think he will be summon for doing it.. lucky u in front... ahahahahlaugh.gif

wah bro u damn lucky.. i can say the integra at least hold up the WRX for quite a while leh.. even tow truck also.. i think he will be summon for doing it.. lucky u in front... ahahahahlaugh.gif
laugh.giflaugh.gif i'm not the only car in that lane...have to filter out cos the accident blocks almost 2-3lanes including that lane. vision blurry cos raining heavily. If that integra driver realli kena summon for that.... one word to say is "Suay" and bo bianz have to pay the fine. No choice...wink.gif I just hope everyone is alright in the massive pile-up. Car is damaged nevermind but most importantly the driver / passengers must be alright.

Neutral Newbie

ya car is onli a material... life is more important.. drive safely during the wet days. Do take note TPE is famous for accidents... ive have been seeing alot of these since i stay here in sengkang.. dangerous highway

Neutral Newbie

head kiss butt is the comon ones.. worst is the one i saw which the car actually flew to the drain next to the multicarpark at the side of the highway.

WRX become hatch back... when i went nearer to the scene.. i even saw a SPARCO steering wheel.. but the crushed car which was said to be a civic was like a junk metal which cant be identify...

Neutral Newbie

both ways the same... cos i always encounter things happened near the sengkang exit..either from CTE towards changi or the other way towards jalan kayu...

every morning i will be using tat route to changi, have seen a couple of kiss backside incident...

the most serious one is from changi towards CTE.. between sengkang first and second exit

[QB]Do take note TPE is famous for accidents... ive have been seeing alot of these since i stay here in sengkang.. dangerous highway [/QB]

The eway is not dangerous, some users are.

TPE is very well designed with wide lanes, porous tacmac, long straights and forgiving curves. Very unlike the winding-older PIE. Maybe that's why pple tend to speed easily and often fail to observe road condition and over-estimating their judgement.

Neutral Newbie

ya true.. and the part approaching sengkang exit.. ppl will tends to ebrake.. slow down...due to the speed cam on the bridge... this causes accident also....sweatdrop.gif

Neutral Newbie

3type i saw so far

- overhead bridge at sengkang exit

- traffic police under the fly over of punggol from sengkang eastway

- one guy holding some camera like thingy under the bridge with the camera connecting behind a white pickup.

by the way ur nick is familiarlaugh.gif

Neutral Newbie

Yes bro, porous tarmac...dats the reason y i enjoy travelling on TPE, either east bound or west bound. The other being west bound ECP, but, b4 fort rd exit. These 2 stretches are the best highways in SG.

hi, anyone was stucked in the massive jam at TPE ard 7plus to 8 plus where there's a massive vehicle pile-up near the Ponggol exit. I think abt 10 vehicles including a bus. Left with one lane passable to traffic. hope ppl involved are alright as it's realli a massive vehicle pile-up. drivingcar.gifwith cautious during rainy days...wave.gif

I was jammed there .... took me 40mins just to get from the road in front of new Ikea to enter TPE .... lucky I managed to get out of TPE via the exit to Hougang .... [nod][nod]

So far I've seen most accidents on TPE occur btw the Hougang and Sengkang exit.

If you notice the road there is very slippery and water pools there due to the uneven 'valley' design. I've seen lots of cars aquaplaning there during moderate to heavy rains.

↡ Advertisement