Cheating on car park charges

Ngck

Anyone of you encounter ppl trying to cheat on car park charges by following closely behind

you when you pass the barrier when you exit?

seems like there are more and more of them around recently...

they will just wait near the exit for exiting cars and make their move...

personally i think its a disgrace.. though i think they will feel quite smart about themselves

↡ Advertisement

Tis way of doing.......If your Car Is slow......When the barrier Is moving Down...

U will In big trouble......Eg :Repair Own Car....Waste of time......

Save A Bit......Pocket One Big Hole.......Not Worst...... [laugh][laugh]

Guest Julio369
Neutral Newbie

I think those rental car companies or if both car know each other do that.

This is because now carpark on ERP system, not like last time season disc or card that can transfer here and there. They got many fleet of cars and park for long hours. The savings is huge, especially carparks in City/ CBD area. With CBD charges goes up, more & more ppl will be doing it.

Insider info: those barrier system is a bit flaw. When they detect a car/object under the barrierwhen it closes, they will spring back up to protect the barrier from damages.

Just imagine in an unmanned system, if 1 hero (lorry) hit and knock off the barrier, all the cars behind will just drive pass without inserting cashcard. Do note that those barriers are intentionly not secured tightly, this is to protect the barrier & the car from damages.

The moral question is will we still pay in this kind of situation? Maybe not if just got a summons by the same car park company [laugh]

Edited by Julio369

Neutral Newbie

personal experience..can actually lift up the barrier by hand...happened to me once in wee hours of the morning....put in cash card and barrier still wont go up...pressed the intercom button and after some time talking to the guy on the line and barrier still not going up..finally he told me to lift up the barrier my self...it works....so each time i encounter same problem i just go out and lift up the thing...

Turbocharged

moral question? the moral question doesn't apply when it comes to hdb parking

at the price we paid for the flat, not to mention the conservancy charge, the property tax (!) , the frigging interest rate, it should come with free parking

[reply]Anyone of you encounter ppl trying to cheat on car park charges by following closely behind

ya i personally saw it at the carpark near mohamad sultan rd ther...this car was following so close to the back of the car infront.Dnt knw if frens or nt... but saw the barrier touching the second car.Tht driver also dnt bother. can drive car dnt wanna pay for parking.. [thumbsdown][thumbsdown] ... this days most barrier haf camera on them..

bet they dnt knw.. [sly][sly]

Anyone of you encounter ppl trying to cheat on car park charges by following closely behind

seems like there are more and more of them around recently...

they will just wait near the exit for exiting cars and make their move...

personally i think its a disgrace.. though i think they will feel quite smart about themselves

not worth it lahz

wah.. the barrier cant come down fast enuff? [shocked]

anyway.. i think OPC cheats are worse.. [thumbsdown]

YUCKS. i've seen so many OPC owners not using coupons. i was crossing a bridge (after my evening jog) and i saw a jam below me, it was 6pm sharp and an OPC simply never use any coupon. i really hope they kana caught one day.

Some of these barrier systems are designed such that if the barrier hits the roof or boot of a vehicle, it has a sensor to automatically stop at that position. However, it touches the bonnect, than it's too bad and the vehicle would be stuck.

I simply do not understand why would people stingst on the car park charges when they afford to pay for a vehicle that costs thousands of dollars. Worst off is when they were caught red-handed for cheating. It's just human mentality

how abt this method ? go in use cash card 1 (with low value). go out using cash card 2 (but got to slot in cash card 1 on entry gate) ? does it work ? laugh.gif