Megane or Altis?

Vit4wd

Megane or Altis?  

111 members have voted

1. 1.

• Renault Megane
    • Toyota Altis

Neutral Newbie

Knowing Singaporens style....many will still chose Altis.

The fear of 'eurpoean' car breaking down, high parts cost, poor service, etc is a thing of the past for renault. In fact at $59k for the Magane...its a very very good buy. It has many good features that the driver will surely enjoy.

If I got the money...I will not buy my geely and get the magane instead. The driving feel of renault car is World Class compared to my Geely.

If Both On Sales......I will Chose Renault.......Steptronic Transmission... [idea]

Actually I dunno wat is steptronic leh...my dad's megane is only an Auto, but with another so called "tiptronic" function ie. able to shift gear 1-4 like a manual car w/o any clutch.

From what I know, many jap cars also have that, like the Mz3 & City

hi i also considering the megane.

i have driven the previous generation and it felt the best compared to civic, lancer, 323, focus then. i bot the civic cuz at that time the megane is really gonna be phased out.

now, considering megane, latio, focus and perhaps even sylphy. anyone can give some comments which to buy or recommend other cars ard this px range.

thanks.

Hehe..

Come to think of it, i am lucky i don't have such a wide network of lazy friends who can't decide which car to buy.. else sure as busy as TS [sly][:p]

Normal ppl would be eager to ask around. First time hear such thing. Most likely the friend is not interested in the cars not that he/she can't decide.

If have the $$ and both are new cars, will go for Renault. However, since both are 2nd hand car, will play safe and go for Altis.

1st and foremost, both are pretty new cars (abt 2 yr old only) so sometime the owners do have their reason to sell ( maybe accident or a lemon, well, just my guess).

Anyway, have a friend who drive a renault megane 1.6A. Nice and powerful car, good handling but servicing damn chor. He told me 1 year only need to service 1 time (how truth I dunno) but each time the bill cost around 1K. The last time he sent his car in (2.5yr old), was told 2 days can get car liao but ended up 4 days. I ferried him around for that few days, and his total bill more than 1k.

So the fact that if someone decides to go for used car means budget must be of a concern, then Altis better option lor.

If you are just refering to these 2 cars and both being 2nd hand, I will go for the Magane. Reason being that the stability and drivebility of the Altis cannot be compared with the Megane. In turms of FC, the latter will be slighter higher but you are driving a car that is of toal different feeling than the Altis.

Since both cars were registered in 2005, this batch of Meganes are different from the past model in that the maintenance will not be costly as the engine has improved.

I have test driven both cars and find that the Megane has more 'oomph' and the responsiveness is there. Interior wise, the Magane is more classy than the Altis. The other plus point is that the Megane comes with Steptronic.

If I will to choose either one from apple to apple comparisons, I would go for the Megane even if the consumption is slightly higher.

The question is: Are you looking for a car that just bring you from point A to B or a car that you enjoy driving? The former would be the Altis whereas the latter is the Megane.

The above are just my personal views.

Actually seeing so many used Megane on sale is not very reassuring.... [:(]

But if I can, I'll still want a Megane. I like cars with big boots.

On top of that, it's safety features are excellent ! [thumbsup]

No doubt that a conti car will cost slightly more for servicing costs. First in foremost, the engine of megane need 5litres of engine oil as compared to Jap made which is still within 4 litres. The servicing interval of megane is also longer as compared to Altis., which is recommended at 15k. But I'm kiasu so still stick to 10 or 12k servicing.

Megane was my first conti car too and guess what.....I'm already thinking what's my next conti car now! [thumbsup] Conti.....once u tried a conti car, u enjoy the feel of driving.

If you ask which car is cheaper to maintain, then must be Altis.

But since you asked which car we will take, then it will be the Megane for me.

Renault Megane 1.6A Steptronic

http://www.sgcarmart.com/main/info-2Aja6Tlp-1037.html

Toyota Altis 1.6A 4 speed

http://www.sgcarmart.com/main/info-2A0R7PDN-1159.html

Megane's OMV is S$4K more than Altis' OMV

Continental car with steptronic for same annual depreciation as Thai assembled Altis.

Would you take the Megane?

If not, why?

hmmm despite more votes to Megane, in the 'real' world, Altis still sell better [:/]

↡ Advertisement