My Interview with Klasse USA

Maddriver

For those who wish to try klasse and also existing user..here is the application tips..

A brand after 25years without changing its formula and is still going strong in the market..What do u think...

The AIO rockz me....thumbsup.gif

Interview with Klasse USA

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/classic-motoring_1928_62454227trans_1x1.gif

Happy Anniversary Klasse!

This year (2004), Klasse celebrates their 25th year in the US market and we sit down with Bob Faragasso, President of Klasse USA for a candid interview.

Klasse USA was established in 1979 by Wolfgang Petsch, a German car enthusiast, when he secured the rights to distribute his favorite car care product in America. Wolfgang settled in California and started traveling up and down the California coastline calling on car dealers, accessory stores and detail shops. Growth was steady and Klasse's reputation for ease of application, durability and mirror-like shine grew among enthusiasts and show car owners. In the mid 80's, the catalog company, Herrington's, heard about Klasse and decided to test it in one issue of their catalog. The product was an instant hit with Herrington's customers and is still offered by Herrington's today. In the late 90's, Wolfgang decided to return to his native Germany and sold Klasse to Bob Faragasso, a high-end detailer in San Francisco. Bob had been using Klasse products in his business for over 15 years. Mr. Faragasso has continued Wolfgang's tradition of slow and steady growth through independent dealers steadfastly resisting the allure of mass-market chains and department stores.

BFaragasso1.jpg
Q. For readers of this newsletter that are unfamiliar with Klasse, what is it?

A. The foundation of Klasse is All-In-One. Like the name implies, All-In-One is a one-step cleaner, polish, gloss enhancer and multi-surface protectant. It can be used on painted surfaces with or without a clear coat, fiberglass, gel coat, metal, glass, plastic, Formica & laminates, marble, vinyl, finished wood, jewelry... literally any hard surface. I even use it on my CD's and DVD's to enhance playback and reduce skipping. There's really no other product like it in the marketplace. I can say that because All-In-One is an acrylic formula. It does not contain any wax or silicones. It really is different.

KLA16.jpg

Klasse All-In-One
Q. What's in All-In-One?

A. I know there are 14 different ingredients in All-In-One some of which are non-abrasive but fairly potent cleaners. The formula has resisted every attempt to duplicate it here even by a major chemical company. This company claimed they could manufacture it here (in the U.S.) and tried. They took it apart and put it back together but it didn't work. There is something in the formula or manufacturing process that can not be duplicated. Even I do not know exactly what's in All-In-One. I do know the product is safe and it works and that's the most important factor.

BFaragasso2.jpg

Q. Has the formula changed over the years?

A. The companion product High Gloss Sealant Glaze (HGSG) and our Vinyl, Leather, Plastic, Rubber Cleaner & Conditioner was updated about 4 years ago. We substituted a safer ingredient for one that was flammable. There was only a miniscule amount of that ingredient in the product anyway so the change was very minor but it now allows us to ship Klasse products by air and through the post office. All-In-One is the same product that was introduced in 1979. That formula has never changed.

High Gloss Sealant Glaze

Q. What is the difference between All-In-One and High Gloss Sealant Glaze?

A. All-In-One has a cleaner/polish in the formula to remove surface contamination that normal washing does not remove. It brightens the surface and visually reduces swirls and minor paint imperfections. All-In-One will leave a mirror-like shine that lasts 6 months or more. High Gloss Sealant Glaze is a pure acrylic protectant without any cleaning or polishing properties. HGSG will typically last 12 months or more.

Q. If I have a brand new vehicle, should I use All-In-One, High Gloss Sealant Glaze or both?

A. I strongly recommend always using All-In-One first even on a new vehicle. All dealers prep a car prior to delivery. We can not guarantee that HGSG will bond to whatever the dealer put on the car. Using All-In-One first will insure a uniform gloss and protect the finish for 6 months or more. Enthusiasts can elect to add one or more coats of HGSG to deepen the gloss and extend the durability to a year or more.

Q. Are there any "tricks" to applying All-In-One for optimum results?

A. Yes, over the years, I've learned a number of tricks. While All-In-One is extremely forgiving it applies best with a damp Microfiber Applicator Pad or damp Microfiber Cloth. (I haven't had a chance to use the new Microfinger pads.) Mist the applicator pad with water or any quick-detail spray (Eagle One Wet Wipe N' Shine, Luster Detailer, Sonus High Gloss Acrylic Spritz, etc.) and add a small (nickel to quarter-size) amount of All-In-One. Apply to the surface using a firm to moderate pressure. Remember, you're polishing the surface and polishing involves rubbing. You don't have to rub your arm off but use a firm, even pressure as if you were applying a polish, not a wax. Many people do not achieve maximum gloss because they do not adequately polish the surface during application. This is one reason why applying All-In-One with a dual-action polisher like the Porter Cable 7424 will typically look better than applying All-In-One by hand.

Some people prefer to apply All-In-One to the entire vehicle and then go back and buff. I prefer to work in sections (i.e. a door, fender, hood, etc.) applying All-In-One and buffing as I walk around the car. Always use a quality Microfiber Buffing Cloth for the final buffing. I prefer to buff by hand but you can use a Microfiber Bonnet on a dual-action or orbital machine polisher.

One mistake many people make is using too much product. A little goes a long way. You should be able to polish and protect the average size car using 1 oz. of All-In-One! If you do your car twice a year, the 16 oz. bottle will last at least 5 years!

[/color]

Q. Any tips for applying High Gloss Sealant Glaze?

A. Yes. HGSG does apply a little differently than All-In-One. Apply HGSG using a damp Microfiber or Microfinger Pad but apply less product (about the size of a dime) and wipe-on in broad, overlapping strokes. You can use a light pressure to apply HGSG because you are not "polishing", you're just applying a protectant. The longer HGSG stays on the surface, the easier it is to buff off. Apply to the entire vehicle before buffing. I will often apply HGSG in the afternoon, let it sit overnight and buff it off the next day. It will buff off like a breeze. Again, I buff by hand using a Microfiber Buffing Cloth.

Occasionally, customers will complain that HGSG is difficult to buff. In almost every instance, I can trace the problem to the customer using too much product, applying with a dry, not damp, applicator and/or not waiting long enough before buffing. If HGSG resists easy buffing after it is dry, simply mist the surface with any quick-detail spray and wipe with a dry Microfiber Cloth.

Q. I know you can layer multiple coats of HGSG. Can you put on too many coats?

A. Not really. HGSG will not yellow or discolor with multiple applications. Black, red and dark color vehicles will actually look better with additional coats of HGSG. Always start with one coat of All-In-One and one coat of HGSG. The next time you wash your car, if you have the time, apply another coat of HGSG. Apply additional coats whenever you desire.

Q. Should you wait between applying multiple coats of HGSG?

A. The first coat of HGSG can be applied immediately over a base coat of All-In-One. After that, it's best to wait 8 to 12 hours between coats of HGSG. We have customers with show cars (not daily drivers) that will wipe on a coat of HGSG one day, buff it off the next day and immediately apply another coat. They'll do this every day for a month, literally putting on 30 coats of HGSG over a 30 day period. This sounds crazy but I've seen some of these cars and they're absolutely breathtaking!

Edited by Maddriver
↡ Advertisement

QUOTE= "The longer HGSG stays on the surface, the easier it is to buff off. Apply to the entire vehicle before buffing. I will often apply HGSG in the afternoon, let it sit overnight and buff it off the next day. It will buff off like a breeze. Again, I buff by hand using a Microfiber Buffing Cloth."

Bro as above, i try apply the HGSG leave it for 10 min, try buff off but its damn shag, however the one he mention seems to be opposite, the longer the easier to buff. [rolleyes]

One day one coatlaugh.gif anyway best is to apply thin layer.. I used an applicator to apply and buff it off with a MF cloth..no problem..

Thanks bro, ok next time i apply thin layer, i think i apply too thick liao . How long u usually wait for it to dry den buff off??

Neutral Newbie
QUOTE= "The longer HGSG stays on the surface, the easier it is to buff off. Apply to the entire vehicle before buffing. I will often apply HGSG in the afternoon, let it sit overnight and buff it off the next day. It will buff off like a breeze. Again, I buff by hand using a Microfiber Buffing Cloth."

Bro as above, i try apply the HGSG leave it for 10 min, try buff off but its damn shag, however the one he mention seems to be opposite, the longer the easier to buff. rolleyes.gif

how to explain... thin like ... spider web thumbsup.gif

u should see only fine lines of HGSG, not a layer. Wipe across, and dry almost immd. leaving behind only spider web lines.

Come MDDS, Maddriver can do your whole car one time demo, right MadDriver ? rifle.gifwave.gif

Edited by Teckheng

Neutral Newbie

i live Changi, i travel down AMK.

MadDriver need to go Yishun report for duty. lipsrsealed.gif

Edited by Teckheng
↡ Advertisement