Toyota Sienta vs Toyota Wish

Sgnick

Hi, I am deciding between these 2 cars. I have listed down some pros and cons, but can everyone also contribute to let me know more so that I make a better decision? Thanks.

Of cos, I want to buy a cheaper car, everyone wants that, but I also want to know if by paying less for Sienta, will I be getting a much worst car. Is Sienta value for money compared to Wish? Also, I am not very sure of the OMV of the Sienta.

Let me start off with what I know:

Toyota Sienta

-------------

Pros

Lower price $62k

Great FC

Lower road tax $874

Lower insurance

Cons

Less power (at 1.5) then Wish (1.8)

Less interior space????

Car does not look as nice as Wish (subjective)

Rare in SG, so harder to find spare parts and more expensive?

Toyota Wish

-----------

Pros

More power

Great FC

More interior space???

Better looking

Cons

Higher road tax $1242

Higher cost (About 70K)

Pls help to contribute what you know about the 2 cars, thanks.

Edited by Sgnick
↡ Advertisement

Do you need 7 seaters? go for wish if you need. the sienta's last row is not suitable to ferry adults, imo. its more like 5+2 seaters MPV.

(edited)

Erm, 5+2 = 7 seater right?

I only need to utilize the 3rd row very rarely, but is for 2x adult <1.7m.

So Wish 3rd row is more spacious then Sienta, ok good to know, thanks. One more Pros for Wish.

Edited by Sgnick

not a true 7 seaters. I thk sienta is for 5 adults + 2 children. my colleague's wish can fetch 8 of us to lunch

if u seldom use the 3rd row, go for sienta.

Look into the following points and ask yourself.

- Will you load up 7 often?

- Running cost an issue for you?

- Are you power hungry driver?

- Do you have difficulty parking with big cars?

- Buying price is one of your main concern?

Do note Sienta is sliding door with easy entry to last row. Check and sit on both mpv's last row to decide, if that is the main factor for you.

(edited)

- Will you load up 7 often? Not often but sometimes need

- Running cost an issue for you? Yep

- Are you power hungry driver? Nope

- Do you have difficulty parking with big cars? Only parallel parking

- Buying price is one of your main concern? Yep

Do u know anyplace with Sienta in showroom? I really want to go check it out b4 i buy.

Edited by Sgnick

From the answers, its very clear that Sienta is the choice. However, you are right in your previous posting that parts for the car may not be readily available as its less popular.

To look at the car, you can go to used car marts or the usual big PIs, they should have it.

Actually, my main aim is to get a car that can seat 7 occasionally, but can also fold back seats flat to get alot of cargo space for large objects like bicycle, that y I looking for value MPV.

Another cheaper option for me is Suzuki APV, but seems very underpowered at 92bhp, and looks totally like a van, haha

Bro,

There is a few way to look at it. Sienta may be a cheaper alternative now in terms of price and running cost. However, in long run, it may turn out to be more expensive due to expensive parts and also when you intend to sell, the resale value may not be good and therefore you may lose a lot.

So think wisely both before buying and also when you intend to let go the ride....

Another cheaper option for me is Suzuki APV, but seems very underpowered at 92bhp, and looks totally like a van, haha

Its basically a van. but can seat 8 people. but heard its made in indonesia and high FC.

Neutral Newbie

I beg to differ ... I've tried the 3rd row personally ... I am a 1.72m 95kg fatty bom bom, and still sits comfortably in 3rd row, but of course ZERO boot space after that [:p] the 2nd row not sure if can take 3 adults as the shoulder width seems enough only for two to me ... I like the way the 3rd row being stow away (underneath 2nd row) ... neat :)

Neutral Newbie

If you don't mind the centre located speedo (as in Vios and Matrix), then it's ok. I know some people simply cannot take the fact that the speedo is in the centre. [:/]

Just to share with you on a Toyota Wish.

One year ago, if you got into an accident you have to park your car in the workshop for at least 1~2 weeks for body parts, but you don't have to now. There are so many importer bringing in spare parts for Toyota Wish as it is business sense.