Toyota Sienta vs Toyota Wish

Sgnick

Noah looks like a great 8 people mover. 2L with powerful 155bhp, yet priced very resonably. Yeah, it does look like a van.

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

Hi everyone,

thank you for your valuable inputs and advise.

After much consideration, I have bought the Sienta last month. Have been driving it for a month now, and it is great, no complains and I love it. I guess what impressed me most is the 3rd row seats of Sienta compared to Wish,Stream and Carens (I tried all of them). Also, I prefer to own a less common car.

My previous car was a Civic ESI. Sienta acceleration obviously cannot compare to ESI, but surprisingly I don't find it underpowered, even with full load 7 adults. But saying that, I am sure Wish and Stream will be even better performance, because Sienta is only 1.5L.

So far my mileage is only 1K and have yet to go for first servicing, so have not fully run in yet, but FC is 70%city/30%hway=12.4km/L. 80%hway/20%city=15.5KM/L. I expect after run in and 1K and 5K servicing FC can improve further.

I got the higher end G model for about $62K, and I love the auto sliding door and other cool features.

Here's a feature list of the G model. It cost only $2K+ more than the basic X model.

G model comes with:

Auto sliding door (left side), just pull handle, or press a button on your remote, or driver press button at dash board, and the sliding door will auto open/close. Makes the driver feel like a cab driver, haha.

Suction door (right side): No need use strength to slam the door shut liao, just slide the door slowly to the end, and the car will auto "suck" the door shut, very cool.

Auto side window folding: after park car, driver press button and the side mirrors fold in.

Auto climatic control a/c: Just set what temperature u want on the knob, and the aircon auto adjust coldness/fan speed to maintain that temperature in the car.

Built in Plasmacluster ionizer (i think technology is from Sharp) in the a/c, that u can switch on with a switch, suppose to make air smells "better"

Auto keyless entry: no need to press the unlock button on your remote, just walk up to the car (with the remote in your pocket) and touch the door handle, car will autosense your remote in your pocket, and unlock the door. To lock the car, there is a small button on the driver door handle, just press that button and the car will lock, again, no need to press lock button on your remote.

Optitron meters: the better type of meter display, easier to see day or night.

Fuel/trip meter that also shows your average fuel consumption (km/L), very accurate.

Front windscreen is higher grade with builtin IR cut (not your normal UV cut glass), so already helps reduces heat without solar film.

Individual armrests for front passenger and driver

Pull out tray for storage under the front passenger seat

One hand action to push 2nd row chair forward, there is a big handle at side of the chair (see picture below) that u just twist and pull the whole chair forward, to let 3rd row passengers in or out easily. The sliding door really makes it very easy for 3rd row pax to get on or off, I will not go for swing out doors for MPVs again after this experience.

One touch auto window for driver and passenger side

Left/right signal lights on the left/right side mirrors.

That's about it.

Since Sienta is a JDM model that u can only order tru PI, u can also go for more options (more $) like 4WD, auto door on both sides, side airbags, fog lamps, bodykits, etc.

sienta-int2.jpg

all.jpg

sienta.jpg

9.jpg

8.jpg

scale.gif

Edited by Sgnick

Neutral Newbie

Hi sgnick,

Congrats on your new car, Sienta. Who is your PI, any problem?

Can I ask whether you have seen any Spacio mini MPV in Singapore? Looks quite sporty.

Edited by Car_search

(edited)

Thanks.

PI is Y** H**g, no problems, I bought ex-stock, fast and painless from signing till delivery.

Yes, i have seen a new Spacio on the road with the bunny ears headrests for the 3rd row seats. Actually Spacio is one of my consideration also. The interior seating/folding design of spacio is different from Sienta.

Here's some Spacio pics to show u what i mean

Spacio-1.jpg

toyo10.jpg

U can see that spacio last row is the whole seat must fold down, u can't split 50/50 like sienta or other MPVs. So u dun have the flexibilty of sitting just one person in the last row and fold the other seat. Plus everytime u want to fold the last row, u must detach the 2 bunny ears and store them somewhere first.

tn_2_5.jpg

Also notice the floorboard of the 2nd row seat? Seats cannot slide forward or backwards, seats can only be detached from the floor and folded (see above small pic) forward (like Suzuki SX4) when u need more storage space. To me, this is something unacceptable for small MPV, because small MPV already limited in space liao, cannot slide means we cannot adjust 2nd row seat position to cater for tall people in the 2nd or 3rd row. No offense to Spacio owners, but my opinion is that the seat designs for Spacio is outdated compared to others like Wish/Stream/Sienta.

Edited by Sgnick

(edited)

Sorry, some changes to my statement above about Spacio (cause I cannot edit the post liao), 2nd row seats can slide forward/backwards only a little bit.

Some interesting features of Spacio seats. 2nd row left/right seats cushion can be folded to become bolster seats for young children. 2nd row center backrest can fold forward to become a tray for use by the left/right people.

Edited by Sgnick

Neutral Newbie

Thanks for the info on Spacio. Went to check on the Sienta at Auto MegaMart yesterday. Price now $64.9k b4 discount. I guess COE not going to come down in the near future. May have to buy soon if really keen. Not fixed on any make or model at the moment.

$64.9K is for which model of Sienta? And what do u get as freebies?

When I ordered this car in late Jan (when COE was $11+K), was quoted (guaranteed 1-bid COE, 30K loan 7 years 2.85%int):

$59.8K for the X

$62.5K for the G

(Prices are with reverse sensor as only freebie, but NO other freebies like leather/sportrims/solar film/etc)

X is the basic model,

XS is the basic model+bodykit+foglamps+black uphostery,

and G is the model with all the extra features, but no bodykit/fogs.

Do you need 7 seaters? go for wish if you need. the sienta's last row is not suitable to ferry adults, imo. its more like 5+2 seaters MPV.

actually last row for Wish is terrible too... i m a victim.

Why? cramp issit?

I sat inside the last row new stream b4,quite ok for leg room,but headroom is almost touching the head.

I'm 1.75 tall

Can't comment on old stream,never sit b4 tongue.gif

Actually these mid size mpv last row are meant for children...dont know why the new stream seams ok,look small from outside,but inside thumbsup.gif

(edited)

Regarding Sienta able to sit adults in last row or not, let me just give real life examples of my own car.

Example one, my friend (the tallest to be in my car) is 1.81M tall, and he sits in the 3rdrow of Sienta once (actually I purposely put him there to make fun of his height, haha), and he finds the height and leg space adaquate and comfortable enough (I asked him after the ride).

Second example. I am driver 1.7m, I sit confortably in driver seat, not close to the wheel at all (means I can actually move more towards the wheel if I want to), my friend is 1.78m guy and he sits directly behind me in second row, and one more friend is also 1.78m and he sits on 3rd row directly behind the 2nd row 1.78m guy. All are comfotably seated with enuf head and leg space (I asked them after the ride). So that is 1.7m+1.78m+1.78m.

How is this possible? Just look (from the Sienta pics above post #56) at the shape of the car, and look at the height of the seats, and u will understand. Think passenger van. [dizzy]

Edited by Sgnick

The old stream last row...it is extremely uncomfortable, i understand it's for children but we have 5 people so everyone wants to be comfortable, so i sacrifice but to take last row. leg room is ok if middle seat don't move all the way back but suay suay kenna and no space for leg (cannot tell the guy off cause it's a colleague who cannot to be offend), rear seat so upright 90 degrees that make my back ache for long travel. try to lie down sideways but too narrow...

i couldn't comment on Sienta also as i did not sit in one before.... but since the car is very boxy shape, the interior space for 3rd row might be better than old Stream or Wish.

(edited)
Great if you can post some pics of your car

and the interior pics.

[bounce2]

Erm, i did not take much pics of my cars, but lots of pics from the internet, i'll try to link some here for you with some explaination.

T.Sienta_Front.JPG

T.Sienta_Back.JPG

The meters are in the center of the dash, like Vios. Below the meter is the HU, below the HU are the controls for A/c and the autogear stick. For 6 yrs I drove cars where meters are behind the wheel, but when i start to drive Sienta, I actually did not notice any diff or feel weird when the meters r at the center. [drivingcar]

T.Sienta_Steering.JPG

Shows the 7 seats. U can see the last row are 2 single seats. This is because the 2 singles seats can be folded and stored under the 2nd row seats.

T.Sienta_Seat.JPG

1st row seats can link with 2nd row seats to become a bed.

T.Sienta_interior1.JPG

2nd row seats can slide forward or backwards, and if u look closely, the seat cushion can fold upwards to make space for storage of tall objects, eg, u buy a potted plant. In the pic, what u c at 2nd row is the further seat have a blue child seat attached on it, while the closer seat the cushion is folded up, with a folded pram being secured to the seat via the seat belts (seat belts are handy for securing stuff)

T.Sienta_interior2.JPG

2nd row seats link with 3rd row seats to become a bed.

T.Sienta_interior3.JPG

3rd row seats folded under the 2nd row seats (u can't see them, cause is hidden under), so now that space for 3rd row becomes a super big boot.

T.Sienta_interior4.JPG

All seats up, lots of leg room for everyone

9.jpg

This angle shows how 3rd row seats are folded under the 2nd row seats (u can now see the 3rd row seats under the 2nd row seats), space for 3rd row becomes a super big boot.

14.jpg

Pic of 2nd and 3rd row seats

Posted Image

Pic of 1st row seats

Posted Image

Edited by Sgnick

(edited)

A bigger pic showing the pram thing

2nd row seats can slide forward or backwards, and if u look closely, the seat cushion can fold upwards to make space for storage of tall objects, eg, u buy a potted plant. In the pic, what u c at 2nd row is the further seat have a blue child seat attached on it, while the closer seat the cushion is folded up, with a folded pram being secured to the seat via the seat belts (seat belts are handy for securing stuff)

photo-mode06.jpg

Small boot space with all 7 seats up

toyota-sienta_004.jpg

How we let folks access the 3rd row, just slide the 2nd row chair to the front

photo-mode01.jpg

This is the maximum storage space u can get, with 3rd row folded to the floor and 2nd row folded and pushed forward

photo-mode03.jpg

From another angle of full storage space

2-77sienta_000.JPG

Edited by Sgnick
↡ Advertisement