Toyota Sienta vs Toyota Wish

Sgnick

(edited)

I found a diagram that I can use to explain the seats.

sienta3.jpg

2nd and 3rd row seats are higher then the 1st row. And because seats are high, your legs are bent at a 90 degree, and your tigh is fully supported and rested on the seat cushion. And because of that 90degree angle, your legs do not need to extend or stretch out in front much to get comfortable, so space is fully utilised. Also the high ceiling means your head won't touch the ceiling.

Edited by Sgnick
↡ Advertisement

(edited)

Not really that crazy, end of the day is still just a transport tool, just find it more interesting than my previous rides that's all, but I have to admit most sienta owners I know love their cars. This is about as much as I will do for spreading awareness of this car in MCF, spent alot of time liao on this thread alone. [lipsrsealed]

But I hope this thread helps for those looking for info on this car.

Some real Sienta crazy members from Singapore Sienta Club will let you test drive his car if u think of buying. Go to the website, sign in as member, and look for iansienta

Singapore Sienta Club

http://forums.cjb.net/sgsienta.html

And finally,

enjoy this pic from Sienta and bB owners, haha

SM1_4763.jpg

Edited by Sgnick

Turbocharged

Thanks for introducing this model to me. I am quite impressed by the FC and think that it is really good value for money. I may consider this model in my next car change.

I have one concern though. As per any other hatch-back cars, how strong is the protection against impact at rear?

The old stream last row...it is extremely uncomfortable, i understand it's for children but we have 5 people so everyone wants to be comfortable, so i sacrifice but to take last row. leg room is ok if middle seat don't move all the way back but suay suay kenna and no space for leg (cannot tell the guy off cause it's a colleague who cannot to be offend), rear seat so upright 90 degrees that make my back ache for long travel. try to lie down sideways but too narrow...

Haha...i see the last row on old stream half sian already,dont mention sitting on it.It would be a torture for adult. Another example is KIA Caren old model [shakehead]

If Toyota keeps improving the last row seats for Wish and Honda keeps improving the last row seats for Stream, after a few generations of improvement, they will become..........Picnic and Odyssey [laugh]

(edited)

Hi Albeniz,

my car not run in yet. Those that run in liao gets consistently 14KM/L or better.

This is from Toyota Sienta website (in Japanese)

p01.jpg

Shocking absorption body & high intensity cabin

Edited by Sgnick

Wow, u sure did a lot of homework on the mini-mpv. I drove a Spacio before, and the one that you found is the outgoing model, 2002 version. Dun think the new model coming in anymore.

Having said these, I have already moved on and get a full sized MPV, Trajet. smile.gif

Hi psfong, do u mean new Spacio no PIs want to bring in? Any reason why? I always thought as long as can make $, PIs will bring in any model.

Anyway, since this thread already talk about Spacio, can u share some of your views on the Spacio?

i say i think only lar, not 100% sure that PI won't be Spacio in. Guyver might be more clear in this.

DSCF0007.JPG

DSCF0009~1.JPG

Spacio is as big as a normal saloon. When the rear seat is folded down, the boot space is very big. As a 7 seater, the rear safari seat is very tight and its make worse by the fact that the floor is very close to the seat area. I have to basically tuck my knee to my chest so you can imagine the space.

DSCF0021~0.JPG

The second row is very spacious. Its almost as big as the Trajet's when pushed all the way back. But that would mean you won't be able to sit anyone in the rear row at all. The seat is uncomfortable as the cushion is very high.

DSCF0022.JPG

The front is the normal corolla setup. Its gear is almost at the dashboard and uses foot brake. So, you can actually walk to the second row easily.

Pickup with the 1NZ-FE 1.5L engine is not nothing to shout about. FC is ard 11km/l also. I had this car for ard 3 years before trading it with a Trajet.

(edited)

Hi,

Your Spacio exterior looks nice and sporty, with the rims and spoiler [thumbsup] . Looking at your photos the shape appears to me like a mini Picnic.

I think the 3rd row seat too low problem is common in alot of compact MPVs, anyone 1.65m tall will have to sit in a squat position liao, so not just Spacio.

Btw, why is it call a safari seat?

Where do u keep the bunny ears when u fold down 3rd row seat?

Trajet is really BIG, u must be enjoying the space u r getting now.

Edited by Sgnick

U know how a safari seat is folded? Same way also. There is no cushion on the rear seat, just a firm set of nettings to hold the buttock. Its a unique idea, amazingly, if not for the leg cramp, the seat is quite comfortable. wink.gif

There are 2 slots to keep the bunny ears at the back of the car. No problem with that.

With the Trajet, everyone fights to sit at the rear seat as its the most comfortable. laugh.gif

Haha, didn't know there are such type of seats in cars. Thanks for sharing.

Some of my frens prefer my Sienta 3rd row seats to 2nd row too, they quite tall 1.78m. Makes me wonder what's wrong with my 2nd row seats. [crazy]

(edited)

SIENTA X 'S EDITION'

Besides the X and G, there is also a XS edition of Sienta, which is the X edition with bodykit, fog lights, black interior, and chrome handles. Pricing of XS is between X and G.

main.jpg

p01.jpg

p02.jpg

p03.jpg

p04.jpg

p05.jpg

Edited by Sgnick

read your consideration about availability of spare parts for the sienta - so now that you have purchased your ride, any thoughts about this? still worried about spare parts?

Hi Oneguy,

Some of our members got involved in accidents, and need to replace parts like bumbers and doors and glass, drive shaft, etc, and parts are readily available, they seem to be able to fix their rides pretty fast. So now I am not worried about spare parts anymore. And for engine parts, Sienta is using the Vios engine, so no lack of parts for that either.

The Sienta community is growing, seeing more and more Sienta on the road everyday, as more people sees the value of the Sienta.

Check out the Singapore Sienta Club (Must register before u can see the full forum)

http://www.sgsienta.com

↡ Advertisement