Toyota Sienta vs Toyota Wish

Sgnick

Hi Zaizai,

u r right to say if i want more space and willing to spend more I should get Wish, maybe even spend more on Picnic.

But the thing is, most of the time, my car is used as a 5seater hatchback station wagon on normal days. I only fetch 7 or 8 pax occasionally, like weekends for family outings, and when I do fetch 7 pax, I don't need to carry big lugguages or 3 golf bags at the same time. So getting a 1.5L car with good FC, low tax/insurance makes alot of sense to me financially (I try my best not to spend extra on cars unnessasarily).

Plus Sienta is short and easy to drive around and parallel park compared to it's big MPV brothers. Overall, it fits my current needs perfectly.

↡ Advertisement

sounds great [;)]

thanks for the information - i'm been trying to look out for a sienta on the road - haven't been able to do that - or maybe i'm not on the road often enuff. mmm, now eagerly waiting the results of the coming coe bidding before decision.

Turbocharged

i tink sienta is a great car! [thumbsup] have been looking at it n daydreaming of de day i can buy....when i have enuf $$$ to change rides.now...jus b happy wif de current ride [flowerface]

oh no - coe up $16,159 - looks like i really have to sit down and wait till all the interest die down a little ... still got a lot of bidders for cat A coe :P

(edited)

Are u trying to bid for your own COE, and then look for a car after that?

Edited by Sgnick

considering ... but based on the rough information that i gather, most PI don't really like the idea of a person bidding their own coe and just buying the car from them. so i guess i will have to monitor the package prices from the PI as well and then decide. i'm technically not in a hurry to change my current ride - still can live with it but the pictures of the Sienta at the other forum really makes my drool ...

haiz, making me drool

btw, was making some calculations

example ... toyota sienta selling $62,888

COE $14,000

OMV $14,300

based on the information that i gather, PI cost should be about

($14,300 x 2.36) for taxes and such

$14,000 for COE

$5,000 for misc transportation etc. etc.

$2,000 for any freebies

total price = $54,748

so the profits for the PI maybe $62,888 - $54,748 = $8,140 ???

Which PI did you get the price of $62888 from and what freebies they giving? Are they quoting you X, XS or G model?

OMV is $14300 so low? My G OMV is $15600.

Also, COE is $16K now right?

i saw from the sienta forum, someone bought his car using these prices. i didn't want to post there - don't want to make the guy "bang" lor.

(edited)

Oh ok. In the Sienta forum, someone just bought a X model for $56500K with only reverse sensor as extra. This is the best price for a Sienta so far. X used to sell for close to $60K, but now with car prices skyrocketing, prices have increased by a few more Ks.

Regarding the profit margin the PI earning, most buyers did not really care I guess. Regardless if PI earn $5K, $8K or $10K, end of the day what really matters to u is how much u willing to pay for it. There is no LTA regulation that states that PIs can only earn max $X from the sale of a car.

I cannot go buy a picasso painting and say "Picasso only paided $50 for the canvas, brush and oil, why I must pay u $1m for his painting?" [laugh]

Edited by Sgnick

lol - i like your example. that's completely true.

i'm just calculation the "true" cost of the car because i think, for me, the "true" cost of the car is important, maybe because i'm on tight finance :P

CAR (A)

$65,000 Selling Price

$14,000 COE

$16,000 OMV

$5,000 Misc, Transportation etc. etc.

$2,000 Freebies

($16,000 x 2.36) + $14,000 + $5,000 + $2,000 = $58,760

S$65,000 - S$58,760 = $6,240 Mark-up from the "true" cost of car

CAR (B)

$58,000 Selling Price

$14,000 COE

$16,000 OMV

$5,000 Misc, Transportation etc. etc.

$0,000 NO Freebies

($16,000 x 2.36) + $14,000 + $5,000 + $0 = $56,760

S$58,000 - S$56,760 = $1,240 Mark-up from the "true" cost of car

so if that's the case, then the customer should technically purchase CAR (B) coz it has potentially a smaller mark-up from the "true" cost of car.

at the end of the day, what the PI profits is for the car owner to bear and so long as the car owner is willing to pay and consider it a good price, then its a done deal! 2 willing parties :)

Actually, my main aim is to get a car that can seat 7 occasionally, but can also fold back seats flat to get alot of cargo space for large objects like bicycle, that y I looking for value MPV.

Another cheaper option for me is Suzuki APV, but seems very underpowered at 92bhp, and looks totally like a van, haha

if you want to fold back to get alot of cargo space, Suzuki APV will be better. Suzuki APV is available in 5 speed manual so it won't be under powered as compare to the CVT of the Sienta and lesser $$ on maintenance in the manual gearbox as compare to CVT box in the long run.

Erm, thanks, but I don't quite understand how u justify APV 1270kg 92bhp to be more powerful than Sienta 1200kg 110bhp, even with manual. Can explain to me how u reach this conclusion? Thanks.

Neutral Newbie

For your info Suzuki singapore had never bring in the 5MT version only the 4AT and the 5MT is without the rear aircon

↡ Advertisement