Is it an offence to display totally unused parking coupons without tearing them? (not folding either)

Spherex

Today at the National Stadium, I only tore one coupon, and displayed another 2 brand new unused coupons beside it. I figured that with so MANY cars in the carpark, Fatimah will not bother to look at each coupon in detail, and will likely take a quick glance and zoom in on only those cars without any coupons displayed [laugh]

Good idea right? Just wondering whether this is considered cheating and whether the fine will be heavier than parking without any coupons displayed. (this is not the case where the tabs are folded down without tearing them off entirely. for my case, i displayed brand new untorn unfolded coupon)

well, i have the intention to cheat, but they can prove it right?

↡ Advertisement

I think the only offence is not displaying sufficient coupons.

The serial numbers of the untorn coupons might b mentioned in the summons in case u say you did tear & produce them in your defense. Of course u wud have torn them after you got the summons. [sly]

Folding Down without tearing.....Is Cheating Case.........

Not Tear Coupon.... Is consider....As Coupon Not Display....With actual time.. [rolleyes]

Today at the National Stadium, I only tore one coupon, and displayed another 2 brand new unused coupons beside it. I figured that with so MANY cars in the carpark, Fatimah will not bother to look at each coupon in detail, and will likely take a quick glance and zoom in on only those cars without any coupons displayed laugh.gif

Good idea right? Just wondering whether this is considered cheating and whether the fine will be heavier than parking without any coupons displayed. (this is not the case where the tabs are folded down without tearing them off entirely. for my case, i displayed brand new untorn unfolded coupon)

well, i have the intention to cheat, but they can prove it right?

they will send a brigade of aunties to the stadium carpark.. tongue.gif

Usually during soccer matches they dont come and check for coupons... I've never torn any coupons during any matches or big events at the national stadium.

For both the matches on Sat and last nite, there were so many cars illegally parking on double yellow lines and in unmarked lots that Fatimah's portable summon machine will prob run out of ink... [laugh]

I think the authorities wouldnt want to discourage ppl from turning out at matches by sending in the summon brigade too...

Frankly, I find your practice real cheapo. Why try n get away with 2 x $1 coupon n risk getting a $30 to $50 fine?

If u didnt tear it, u havent used it. I ve also seen many cars with tabs folded but not torn off. [shakehead]

My delivery drivers keep all their parking coupons...

When they break for lunch....they will throw everything on the dash...they say...by the time fatimah comes and they bio the car for a valid coupon...they would have spotted her and come running liao.

Then there are times when they actually put coupons...they let fatimah have a good time hunting for the valid one !! No offense to have a dirty and messy dashboard mah.

some of them have digital cameras that can take a pic of the coupons displayed. mind you, its not those lousy type of cameras, theirs are able to take high quality shots under poor light conditions. Whether it will be used as evidence in court i still not sure.

Neutral Newbie

Interestingly...when I was really young..I remembered my father hanging the coupon on the door windows. I think that was the rule last time, so that cluttered dashboard will not affect fatimah's vision.

I do not know when the rule changed to dashboard placement.

I also remembered when my father brought me to airport to pick up relatives, I can see some cars with ALL the four doors windows fully hang with coupons.

My father that time say they are most likely those people working at the airport or those who went overseas for 1-2 days.

Nowadays fatimah also got Camera HP. I saw many outsources fatimah/aunty happily take photos of offenced car with their handphone camera. If you write in to complain on your unreasonable cummon, these aunties will be most happy to get their day in court and counter sue you for giving false information.

So be careful of how you write in to complain about your summon in future!

I rather they take picture of my time-expired coupons, than a folded-tabs or unteared coupon. We may be smart, but these new generation fatimah are even smarter. They would have already met with ALL the possible combinations in their line of work already, so they know how to counter back with camera evidence!!

Wah Lau, U can still rembr those days. Yah, those were the days and cheating is quite difficult with this rule.

Really, nowadays Fatimah damn smart already. Don't play play.....

This is not cheating lah, Fatimah knows already. Just book you with one overdue coupon since the rest not teared. Anyway, its not worth while to take the risk though I do that at some parking lots last time too.

sometime think of it, feels very cheapo u know. Bloody hell, buy a car for tens of thousand of dollars yet scrimp on coupon costing $0.50 and $1 and risk $25 fine.

Feels even more cheapo when you see Mercedes, Lexus, Audi parked their cars illegally or don't put coupon. Cannot understand Y these drivers behave like that. Maybe out of thrill [hur]

I was having dinner at a famous KOPITIAM in AMK area on evening. Suddenly the kopitiam boss shouted "Cark Park Lai liao".

A horde of guests who were dining dropped their chopsticks n dash to their cars. really hilarious, at least 20 persons [hur]

That is a common sight at my place kopi thiam...it was featured in STOMP once.

Dunno if its true or not...but uncle from the kopi thaim told me that HDB ask students to use their camera phone to shoot photos of illegal parked cars and email them to HDB...they got commission from it.

↡ Advertisement