Who has seen Toyota Royal Crown and Honda Legend on road?

Quantum

Toyota Royal Crown and Honda Legend indeed in BM and KM Catalog, very actractive preformance:

Toyota Royal Crown

Engine Type 3.0 - litre

Number of cylinders V6

Valve mechanism Four-cam 24-valve with Dual VVT-i

Displacement (cc) 2995

Max. Output (PS/rpm) 228 / 6200

Max. Torque (Nm/rpm) 300 / 4400

Max. speed km/h 180

Fuel tank capacity (Litres) 71

Kerb weight (kg) 1580 - 1620

Gross vehicle weight (Kg) 2020

Price: $160k to $200k

Honda Lrgend:

Engine type V6 SOHC VTEC

Fuel supply system Honda PGM FI (Programmed fuel injection)

Displacement cc 3,471

Maximum horsepower PS/rpm 295/6200

Maximum torque N.m.(kgm)/rpm 315(35.8)/5000

Fuel tank capacity litres 73

Weight kg 1860

Tyre size 235/50R17

Price: TBA

Wonder why noboday is interesting [confused][confused]

Edited by Quantum
↡ Advertisement

Becoz for the same price-tag, one can buy a BMW/Merc? Eg. for Royal Crown, I can get a 325 or 330 ardi (equivalent specs but with conti branding) [laugh]

As I noticed, most of these buyers r Jap high level executives who have to drive a Jap make.

Seen a few royal crowns in Hyatt, CBD areas, the office building behind central square etc.

Saw a few NEW models too. Its VERY BIG! in fact, i feel that its ard the same size as the S class.

At the price tag of 160 to 200, 1 can easily afford a Lexus ES300 with alot of change or a GS300. I gues people who buy these are people who wanna be unique or japanese?

Specs wise, its not tt good too. Legend wif SOHC 3.5L engine.... Drinker man.

Neutral Newbie

I came across the legend several times whilst doing shopping, a little surprised when i saw 315NM @ 5000rpm here, as well as KM website. The torque i have been seeing is, 351NM @ 5000RPM or 259 lb ft@5000. 295 horses is similar. I hope its a typo error in misplacing the 5 and 1. A car i would consider to replace my ES300.

Neutral Newbie

Yes, 100% of the owner of royal crown are Japanese boss. Use to see many in Tuas and AMK indistrial area where japanese factories are located.

Neutral Newbie

Quite keen to try out the lux cars from honda to be honest. I used to think Lexus is the top amongst the jap rides, but after a few encounters with honda rides, i do believe if honda want to do lux rides, they can do it as well, if not better. Somehow something tells me it might be so, afterall honda strangely put a SOHC engine into this car... Just waiting for test drive units to be available. How i wish manual versions are available as well.

Neutral Newbie

You are very right. Most of the buyers are Japanese. There are alot of crowns near my work place. The higher level ones will use LS430. The best part, most of these are bought by the company they are in.

Of coz it is paid for by the Company, those r for the high level executives. Japs r all abt protocol, so the car they drive is carefully planned for.

Seen the toyota royal crown like about 4 times.. but never see honda legend before.. imo royal crown's design is not really impressive, like too squarish.. gs300 or 5 series would definitely look better

Edited by Carmaniac