Mazda 6 sp

Keithpapa

My bro is considering on getting M6. Any feedback on this car? We found that the engine is rather noisy, as usual, but spacious. [:)] A lot of features and sound great value @71k. Thanks. [:)]

↡ Advertisement

indeed, engine is rather noisy [thumbsdown], i have even sat in as a passenger, seem rather noisy than altis [lipsrsealed], and FC also... [sweatdrop]

anyway, top up few $k, for Civic 2.0 liao [thumbsup]

Edited by Quantum

IMO Mz engines are not as good as those major engine manufacturers.

As my dad had previously own two different models and category b4, we feel that the engine runs out of puff at high end. And like what u mentioned.

But other than the engine other things are quite alright.

Ur bro's decision.

indeed, engine is rather noisy [thumbsdown], i have even sat in as a passenger, seem rather noisy than altis [lipsrsealed], and FC also... [sweatdrop]

anyway, top up few $k, for Civic 2.0 liao [thumbsup]

Do agree. More noisy that Altis. Fc about 9+ according my colleague. He do not like civic.

Hi bros,

Just booked my Mazda6 SP2.0 at 67.8k today after deciding for several months.

Have drove 2 generations of Lancers (1996 and 2001) and current car is ES5 Civic.

I will say that Lancers have good comfort. while Civic is good on acceleration but lousy on rear suspension.

Gone ahead with the Mz6 for following reason:

1) Cheapest 2L Jap made car in market

2) Good handling and ride

3) Nice sporty looking

4) Superb interior with conti car feel

5) Quite good acceleration actually (I am wondering how come many people say its a sluggish car...? Maybe they are comparing with Evo/WRX/MPS...)

6) Although OMV is not high (19-20k) but then present Civic is also same OMV but selling price is way too high...Same goes for other 2L cars, high OMV of 25-27k but selling price is 15-20k more...

In the end, it still voice down to whether you can convince yourself to take up the car you like and maybe stick to it for the next 3-5years.

Maybe some other Atenza mates here can also share their experience and recommended "upgrades" :p

Regards

Neutral Newbie

Good buy!

I personally feel that it's one of the more value for money 2.0L car at this price.

Will like to own one too if can afford it.

Edited by Eng98

Congrats on your sound & wise purchase of one of the best value 2l car in the mkt today.

Mazda 6 may drink but you save tonnes of $$ on the purchase price. This more than covers up for it.

Edited by Vit4wd

Neutral Newbie

my house's 6 is clocking 9/10 km/h

and it is without the VVT. (pre facelift)

so fuel consumption is not the worse but certainly its not the best.

i believe too the price now is good bargain :)