Review on Sung Beng Auto at Eunos

Silver_z

self comments, self praise. lol.. knn.. this work shop must aviod at all time. really a black shop.most of their price quoted sure got hidden cost. Example, servicing package @ $128, after everthing done, they will bill u at $148 or more, telling u its exclude labour charges etc. Not to mention other gimmicks

Agreed on this. Went to their Toh Guan branch to replace my shocks. The bill came out $120 more expensive because the price quoted before they started the work hadn't included labor charges. What pissed me off is that they did a super poor job in the installation. I found out some of the screws on one of the strut mounts were not tightened at all the next morning. I was lucky they didn't come off on the road, which could have been catastrophic.

they have a branch in toh guan?

Agreed on this. Went to their Toh Guan branch to replace my shocks. The bill came out $120 more expensive because the price quoted before they started the work hadn't included labor charges. What pissed me off is that they did a super poor job in the installation. I found out some of the screws on one of the strut mounts were not tightened at all the next morning. I was lucky they didn't come off on the road, which could have been catastrophic.

Neutral Newbie

post-2887-0-28002300-1390299401.jpg

My friend went to Sung Beng to have his stereo fixed(pulling of cables for amp and 4 speakers with installation of 4 speakers). He was quoted $400 for the job, which seems ridiculously high. So after some negotiation, the price was dropped to $280 which imo still expensive as I have been quoted $100 for pulling cables and $40 per pair of speakers. Note that all cables and equipment were self provided. Anyway, they claim that they do a detailed job, therefore their prices are so high. Since they claim to be professionals, friend agreed to let them do it. Upon completion and to our horror, we found that they pulled the speaker cables from the amps to the headunit and connect it back to the speakers via the stock cables. Sad... $280 for a job that seems like $80 worth.

Just to warn brudders who are looking for an installer.

Neutral Newbie

I went ti Sungbeng auto at circuit road. The customer service is very lousy. Knows nuts about car. They never put stickers in when is the next servicing. The mechanic still ok. The First auto next door is 100% much better. Is not a fantastic workshop stated.

I went ti Sungbeng auto at circuit road. The customer service is very lousy. Knows nuts about car. They never put stickers in when is the next servicing. The mechanic still ok. The First auto next door is 100% much better. Is not a fantastic workshop stated.

lousy or not i dont care...

but i never let any workshop paste reminder stickers on my windscreen. Its ugly, annoying and moreover free ad for no reason.

i know my schedule and i dont need reminder.

• Praise 1

U need instructions to have sex?

Sorry, can't help it.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

I was quite happy with their servicing and when they asked me to change rims i happily did so, since they were moving out from old place. But that was when my nightmare began... the rims were fine, but the nuts kept rusting in few weeks. At first i didn't notice, but wife saw it (she was a bit pissed that i spent money on my 'wife') she commented that the stock rims and nuts didn't have any rust so why this new set do?

I ended up going back to sung beng to get the nuts replaced. They were puzzled and said i was the first to get rusty nuts... guess what? I ended up going back a few times to replace the nuts, they kept rusting...

The last set of rusty nuts still on my car and i told them that it's not reasonable for me to be driving to workshop to change the nuts every few weeks. Also, the mechanics quite poor thing... so they said, the nuts they can't guarantee won't rust and if i want i can upgrade to aluminum nuts...

Can they actually sell things this way? Should i report this to CASE? it's funny why they price their reputation at the price of a set of aluminum nuts... i have been introducing friends to their shop, now i hope nobody is cursing me for my recommendation. Sung beng in general quite good, although some experienced mechanics have left. I hope they solve the rusting issue else this 1969 shop is going to rust...

Edited by 2009k

I was quite happy with their servicing and when they asked me to change rims i happily did so, since they were moving out from old place. But that was when my nightmare began... the rims were fine, but the nuts kept rusting in few weeks. At first i didn't notice, but wife saw it (she was a bit pissed that i spent money on my 'wife') she commented that the stock rims and nuts didn't have any rust so why this new set do?

I ended up going back to sung beng to get the nuts replaced. They were puzzled and said i was the first to get rusty nuts... guess what? I ended up going back a few times to replace the nuts, they kept rusting...

The last set of rusty nuts still on my car and i told them that it's not reasonable for me to be driving to workshop to change the nuts every few weeks. Also, the mechanics quite poor thing... so they said, the nuts they can't guarantee won't rust and if i want i can upgrade to aluminum nuts...

Can they actually sell things this way? Should i report this to CASE? it's funny why they price their reputation at the price of a set of aluminum nuts... i have been introducing friends to their shop, now i hope nobody is cursing me for my recommendation. Sung beng in general quite good, although some experienced mechanics have left. I hope they solve the rusting issue else this 1969 shop is going to rust...

to to small claims tribunal...case is a toothless tiger

they still surviving v well. two workshops, recently only good customer reviews (2015 though, nothing from 2016)  and MCF recommended merchant. ( though I dunno the criteria or what they must do to get such a status).

they also selling on groupon.

Edited by Sabretan

Neutral Newbie
STAY AWAY FROM THIS WORKSHOP! Brought them to small claims court for replacing parts that were working fine. Despite producing a dodgy random diagnosis report, the referee said it is reasonable for them to repair because the parts are relevant to the error codes. Don't expect small claims to help you with crooks like this.

After that, Mr Tan (workshop representative) said he will sue me for the time wasted. See what kind of people this workshop consists of?

For those who have an open issue with this workshop, contact me. If Mr Tan does try to sue me, we can open a big case together and claim back what this workshop owes us.

On 4/4/2019 at 10:09 AM, Othello said:

this black shop still around ?  [laugh]

I am more amazed that this thread I started is still on page 1 of "Complaints" today. 😁

Btw, I forgot my password and email, that's created new account.

It was recommended to me by the workshop to replace all four ignition coils, all four spark plugs, the fuel pump, and the fuel pump control unit in my car. I later found out that none of my original ignition coils were faulty. Brought them to Small Claims Tribunal for the ignition coils.

The claims made against Mr Tan and 1969 Sung Beng Auto were dismissed by the Registrar on 1st April 2019. My apologies if there were any harsh or unsubstantiated statements made.  

↡ Advertisement