Do Not attempt to Bribe Malaysian Traffic police!

Fabulous

Neutral Newbie

To all Bros...

Do not attempt to bribe Malaysian traffic police if you are caught speeding,

Extracted from Malaysian forum...http://www.wishclubmalaysia.com/index.php?...iewtopic&t=5335

Be careful if you are into bribing the police

This is just a gimmick by police...they will tahan u...then ask to pay bribe RM30...then when u giv they will catch u for bribing them...after that they get RM 100...see how business are done...

Newspapers a few days ago. They are raising rewards to police to RM100 for reporting bribes made to them. So if u think u can get away with a bribe of RM50 for a traffic offence, better think again.

Cash reward for cops who arrest anyone trying to bribe them

KUALA LUMPUR: A cash reward of up to RM100 and a letter of commendation will be given to police personnel who arrest anyone who attempts to bribe them.

Acting Inspector-General of Police Datuk Musa Hassan said the reward would be for Traffic, Criminal Investigations Department and Narcotics Department police personnel. He added that the reward was to spur policemen to uphold the integrity of the force. "The reward offer is also to let our men know that we appreciate them for their honesty and loyalty. "We also hope to inculcate in our men that accepting bribes is a very serious offence and does not pay," he added. In Kuantan, Pahang police chief Datuk Ramli Yusuff said the cash reward would be double the bribe offered and up to a maximum of RM100. Ramli told Bernama that the reward would be paid after the person who offered the bribe had been charged and the case concluded in the courts. "I will personally hand over the reward to the police personnel concerned," he said, adding that the incentive would be paid from the Pahang Police Fund. Earlier, at the monthly parade held at state police headquarters, Ramli said L/Kpl Bakri Pandak Ahmad of the Kuantan traffic police was rewarded with RM100

last month for arresting a man who had offered him a RM50 bribe

Edited by Fabulous
↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

RM$100 still not enough... don't forget that they will get a letter of commendation, so it depends how much the letter is worth too.. [sweatdrop]

Edited by Fabulous

So that means we have to give a RM101 or more bribe since the max amount given by the governemnt for reporting bribery is RM100. Now can no longer bribe with just RM 20-30 [laugh]. And more $$$ for them

Edited by Christan

This might open up the floodgates for them to just issue arrests for bribing, even when it is not being done. [:/]

Ultimately, it is the policeman's word against yours...... what kinda proof do they need to prosecute? They might as well just give all their policemen additional money (a pay rise?) [mad]

Neutral Newbie

OK - So now the Malaysian Police or Malaysian Mafia will now be rewarded for an act which they always initiate or prefer to happen.

Shouldnt there be a reward for citizens who expose these DIRTY COPS as well? Unlikely. We know that for sure.

Its so one way - that Malaysia is really becoming a land of Martial Law.

Moral of the story - DONT SPEED - DONT BREAK THE LAW.

Neutral Newbie

I bet Malaysia gets as much "underground" Capital inflow of Singapore dollars from Bribery as they do from illegal DVDs revenue.

DISGUSTING - PUI. [rifle]

No...it is their big shots brbing their soldiers to keep their mouth shut n dont spill the beans and reveal that their big shoots are the ones trying to get $$.

KNN.....why dont u just farking raise their salaries. save all the stupid time n papaer work. Also ask the stupid TP to use the speed camera, not a calculator to convert exchange rates.

What a dirty stupid authority. Fine, we all dont go in or we drive slow slow, let them eat grass.

Neutral Newbie

By the way, if you are a speed demon blasting down the NS highway ( I see SO MANY SG cars doing that all the time) - calling the bribe "Track Fees" - You are encouraging this dirty cottage industry and I hope you get the $100 fine.

Neutral Newbie

KNN like that cannot, like that also cannot i must well don't drive into malaysia next time.

Edited by Atx2

[reply]

This might open up the floodgates for them to just issue arrests for bribing, even when it is not being done. unsure.gif

Ultimately, it is the policeman's word against yours...... what kinda proof do they need to prosecute? They might as well just give all their policemen additional money (a pay rise?) mad.gif

Another no brainer policy as u rightly pointed out.

I wld rather raise the base pay of all the police officers.

Make it a jail offence or heavy fine if u get 2-3 charges of minor corruption (ie motorist complain u of soliciting for bribes). Like a 3 strikes n u r out policy to prevent any unjust accusations (since its just based on ur word vs the motorist)

OK - So now the Malaysian Police or Malaysian Mafia will now be rewarded for an act which they always initiate or prefer to happen.

Shouldnt there be a reward for citizens who expose these DIRTY COPS as well? Unlikely. We know that for sure.

Its so one way - that Malaysia is really becoming a land of Martial Law.

Moral of the story - DONT SPEED - DONT BREAK THE LAW.

Well....Yes I put my hand up as one of those who had in the past gave them RM$50 whenever they stop me over the limit of 110km/h. I have seen enuf, heard enuf since I was a kid n they hv never changed since the beginning of mankind.

It takes 2 hands to clap. if their TP are like ours, I dont think anyone would dare to break their speed limits anyhow and call it track fees. Problem is they are not.

The facts are:

1. When u get stopped by them, you know they want yr RM$50 per car(SG car, Masian car I dont know the price). they simple walk to you and say, you kena 'serious' fine, must pay RM$300. when u ask for liniency, they will 'advise' you, Ok I can give u chance but you 'settle here'. 'settle here' is a text book message meaning its time u take out RM$50.

2. I ve seen so many times both SG and MY cars speeding at same time on same road. Their farking TP will only stop SG cars, bcos they know we will pay to them.

3. Even if u didnt speed, they will say u have. If u speed at 120km/h(10km/h in excess), they wil say u hit 140km/h. if u do 160km/h, they will just harmtarm 125km/h. Either case, they will not show u their speed gun(I wonder if they carry one in first place)

It is their culture. FYI, all my cousins in malaysia got their driving licences the kopi$$ way.

I rest my case.

Edited by Ahbengdriver
↡ Advertisement