How should I maintain?

Thug

Hi experienced bros,

I've just sent my car for respray(exterior only) and some minor panel beating. A full polishing is promised by the paintshop.

My question is; how often should I wax or polish(if they got a different) to maintain its shine? Is watermark unavoidable?

I'm a noob in detailing. So hope to get some guidance from experienced bros out here...smile.gif

Thanks in Advance

↡ Advertisement

Bro, i'm no expert in detailing but jus share with you my experience in it.

Since your ride has jus been re spray, maybe you would like to do the following:-

1) Wash your ride

2) Clay bar

3) Wax/Sealant

Ideally should wash your ride once a week and apply a layer of wax to maintain the shine at it's peak but if this is damn siong then wash for 1 week while wash & wax for the next ... [nod] There are some products which Bro Maddriver and Bro Gen 2 are selling which is easy to use and you'll not need to sweat so much to get the shine/maintain the shine of your ride.

To prevent water marks from forming, you'll need to clean your ride basically after every shower/rain which is [sweatdrop][sweatdrop][sweatdrop] Furthermore, if your ride is parked outdoors, it more prone to water marks, bird shxts ... as our weather here is sometimes [hur] 1 min it's raining and the next min blazing sun come out liao...

every 2 weeks i polish my ride...

white car....so far ok....

just dun park below trees and lamppost in the open can le..

polishing also can lose some weight as it takes abt 3-4hrs...hahaha

[;)]

(edited)

[reply]

1) Wash your ride

2) Clay bar

3) Wax/Sealant

I do wash my ride like once everyweek but not by me.(snow wash!!)

I just dun get it wif the clay bar thingy. What does it do? Does it clean or shine our rides? Wax/Sealant, heard of wax, but what does sealant do? Seal the shine after polishing/wax?

[reply]

To prevent water marks from forming, you'll need to clean your ride basically after every shower/rain which is sweatdrop.gifsweatdrop.gifsweatdrop.gif

Till now theres no realistic product that can really prevent watermarks. No choice but to do it manually...but damn chiong lor

Edited by Thug

polishing also can lose some weight as it takes abt 3-4hrs...hahaha

[laugh][laugh][laugh] Sama sama here [wave]

Basically, will try to wash every week if time permits and then add a layer of JW stuff from Bro Gen2 [:)]

Wa...every 2 weeks...u bery hardworking hor.....

My friend driving a white ride. He is very worried that as time goes by the white will turn yellowish. Anyway to prevent that? What makes the white turn yellowish?

i also dunno...i think is the air around us...(coz a lot of dirt)

when oxidise....then remains on the car surface....

then slowly becomes stain

then jia lat liao..

hahaha...as long wash once a week, polish at least once a mth

white ride ain't that diff to maintain ba...hahaha

[sunny]

Bro, claybar is to remove the paint surface contaminants before we add in a layer of Polish [:)] This is recommended to do maybe every 3 months should your ride is parked indoors.

For those without the comfort of machine would then apply a layer of Polish not wax hoh then remove it by hand after letting it settle for some 20-30 mins. [sweatdrop][sweatdrop][sweatdrop] After that apply a layer of wax then you should be able to get a gim gim ride liao.

There are some products like 'Autoglym' which has this sealant but i'm not into their products so cannot advise you is whether to add wax on top of sealant or sealant on top of wax... as an adiitional step [:)]

Do browse through the 'Detailing Folder' so you can have a better understanding of how some detailing gurus like Bro Garlic, Gen2, Maddriver, Coltagius (Sorry if i have spelled your name sala) ... do up their rides [;)]

Edited by Mzrmazda3

Waaaa sound lei chey dizzy.gif

But to get a everyday shine comes with a price.

I'm very curious about the clay thingy. Any recomended brand to buy?

wash and wax every week...

once a month.. do this:

wash car

claybar car

polish car

use sealant

top off with wax

or else.. a simpler way would be to wash every week.

wax every two weeks.

once in two months.. send to professional groomer for detailing.

in between, check car for water marks or bird poo and wipe off immediately.

for tough stains, use polish.

Neutral Newbie

I will always wash my car once a week with car shampoo but during tat week, i will wash every 2 days with water n cloth to wipe off.

Will it cause more hairline scratches on it?

I just can't stand to c my car covered with dirt/dust but i'm quite worried to cause more hairline scratches everytime i wash with water..

As for hairline scratches, it can b remove by polishing rite?

Pls correct me if i'm wrong..

Neutral Newbie

Is sealant different from wax?

I saw someone dicussing regarding wax n sealant is the same stuff but different name only. [:/]

Pls advise ...

Neutral Newbie

Bro, care to share ur polish brand stuffs?

Do u do it manually or using machine?

I just got my car spray to white n i'm worried it might turn yellowish soon..

Neutral Newbie

Wax - most of time refer to natural waxes. Or those that contain Carnauba content. Offers a warm, wet look.

Sealants - many types, also known as synthetic waxes. Name doesn't matter, wax and sealant serve same purpose, as a protective layer. Some ppl don't like the shine it gives, a bit like 'plastic' or 'sterile' kind of shine. Personal preference.

Most of the sealants 'bond' with the paint, whereas most of normal carnauba wax is just sacrificial layer.

You can put a layer of wax on top of sealants to get 'best of both worlds'

Cheers

↡ Advertisement