Garmin NUVI 610 purchase/install process **MANY PICS**

Chickenbackside

Price update from PW, just called to clarify.

Nuvi 600 - $690. Totally no maps included.

Nuvi 650 - $890. Europe map only.

Nuvi 660 - $1090. Europe map only.

Just add $200 for original Garmin SG+MY maps.

Malsing has a world map with detail roads (but not as much as road directory) for major cities and major roads for most countries. I used it in Perth, Australia and it is as good as a road directory. Had keyed in some coordinates for the tourist attractions in Margaret River area for future visit.

Malsing has a world map with detail roads (but not as much as road directory) for major cities and major roads for most countries. I used it in Perth, Australia and it is as good as a road directory. Had keyed in some coordinates for the tourist attractions in Margaret River area for future visit.

Hi bro, can show me the link?

Thanks....

Don't know the link. I copied the map from someone. This map includes detail road directory of Malaysia and Singapore for Garmin.

I like this world map because at least you can use it anywhere and it shows you your location, even if there is no road on the map. With this info, you can take it as reference to major roads on the map to navigate.

My Nuvi 370 already has full Europe and US Garmin map, so with Malsing world map, I am pretty much covered for my driving holiday in most places.

Edited by Cklasse

Neutral Newbie

[shocked] like that also can?

I'll be going to perth for holiday, that's the main reason for getting the pre-loaded aust map so that i can navigate to the destination i wish to visit.

The garmin aust map is very expensive. Where as the map for europe and north america is not priced so much [dead][crazy]

Don't understand why [furious]

The Malsing world map has a detailed Perth city map and the Western Australia roads (major and most minor road). If you are going to Perth, get this map and you are well covered from the city to Albany. The Garmin has allowed me to drive at night in total darkness (other than the car headlight), which I wouldn't have done it without a GPS.

Btw, I had input the tourist attractions as my favourite location into the Garmin, so if you want it, I can pm you the coordinates.

Edited by Cklasse

You can download the Australia map from here, for free but it is not easy to test it as you are not there.

http://mapcenter2.cgpsmapper.com/catalogue.php

Which will lead you to here for Perth map:

http://mapcenter2.cgpsmapper.com/maplist.p...=253&category=2

If you have problem, KC will guide you to install and test it in singapore.

Neutral Newbie

Thanks for the offer.

Currently, i'm thinking of asking my fren who is studying in aust to make a local purchase there and bring back to sin during his summer holiday.

I think this is the best option by now.

so can install malsing maps?

[yes]

got those voice indicator?

[got voice....got chinese somemore...)

But...the time to recalculate the distance (ie when u make a wrong turn) take a bit long.

normal...Garmin original faster re-calculating... [nod]

Neutral Newbie

Hi All

Selling less than 3 weeks old Nuvi 660 @$850.00.

Cond: 10/10

Will throw in Original MapSource Trip & Waypoint Manager CD-Rom

Bought from Perfect Watch on 24th August

Intend to get a smaller set cus car no space for it..hehe

Contact 98391864 for fast deal.

Thanks

Law [:)]

Edited by Law28
↡ Advertisement