Original ECU programming

Santa

Vis Works Autolab, look for Anthony

bro, u meant they are able to tune stock mazda 3 ECU?? [shocked]

↡ Advertisement

don't have ley! you need to go piggyback sweatdrop.gifsweatdrop.gifsweatdrop.gif

don't like piggy back leh, i think the gain doesn't worth the money [:|]

get liao still need to install then still need to tune also $$$$ [sweatdrop][sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

maybe wait for a few more years until warranty expires first [sweatdrop]

Hello bro Vtim,

I'm just curious if it from what u said FC improved after you did the FDL, then how come your trajet ECU wasn't stock tuned this way? I assume nowadays cars come stock-tuned for FC rather than performance.

i read somewhere, basically stock cars run rich to reduce chances of detonation. also, it caters to people who don't wanna pump premium petrol.

leaner mixture means better FC, performance but also easier to ping/pre-detonate. engine also runs hotter, and i believe for durability, this is a minus point.

hoping to do my ECU full-data-logging also [sly][sly][sly]

So from what RON is considered premium petrol?

Let' say take my PI car for e.g., assuming they didn't retune for Sin. Premium petrol in Japan is RON100. So if I always pump RON97 in JB i am still too rich in your sense right?

This FDL thingy is engine-specific or model-specific? If got FDL for my toyota ractis (running on Vios 1NZFE) I also wanna do [:)]

from the discussion on the getz garage forums, it seems that after tuning at harmony, one would need to pump 95 RON, as compared to the min requirement of 91 RON for getz.

rich and ignition timing is different issue. for your case, the car probably runs advanced ignition timing to make use of premium petrols. i remember genie posted some good info on this issue previously. i'm newbie in this area [:)]

Ok thanks for your quick explanation. Will do a search on all these advance ignition timing and other 'cheem cheem' terms.

Cheers! [:)]

Vis Works Autolab, look for Anthony

bro, u meant they are able to tune stock mazda 3 ECU?? [shocked]

I am also driving Mazda 3, and had my front strut bar, lower arm bar and anti-roll bar installed at Vis.

Not sure whether Anthony can tune our M3 or not, but I think all the theory are the same.

I am going down again this week, will ask him.

↡ Advertisement