Bus bays may be axed to help cut travel time

Jonbummer

[reply]

so now they remove bus bays. means cars will have 1 less lane to use = more congestion = excuse to implement ERP or increase ERP saying for smoother traffic flow = more $$$$ = car owners are dumbos..... lipsrsealed.gif

thumbsdown.gif

I see it coming too .....

↡ Advertisement

We motorists are responsible for halfassed schemes like that being suggested. How many of you would allow a bus to pull out in front of you, knowing he is going to be a slow moving vehicle that stops often?

Make an effort to give way to buses and maybe they'll keep the bus bays.

i know your reply is not aiming at me

so is my reply

i personally do give way to buses if i can

BUT if the traffic is moving i dun think it

possible to stop in my track just to allow the

bus to come out rite?

it's the lesser of 2 evils.

move ahead and not allow the bus out of its

bus bay, people will say we are impatient drviers.

stop, and allow the bus to filter from the bus bay

there's a possibility that the car behind will horn

or bang into the car who allow the bus to come out.

and hey if u allow one bus, the rest of the buses will

try to follow thru. which means it could be a backlog

of cars... instead of buses in the bus bay.

[confused]

I'm no angel on the road but occasionally I do let buses out of the bay by leaving a gap. I watch their signal lights if they are indicating to come out and flick my highbeam at them to let them know it is OK to pull out. Of course I am not always that charitable. If car behind horn, won't lose a pound of flesh, if he bang, he pay. No need to say too much. As long as you don't brake suddenly, it is possible to give way to buses.

The bottom line is, no one will say you are wrong in giving way to buses, just that no one wants to be the one to give way either. They want to get ahead of the slow bus, and hope someone else gives way to the bus.

Perhaps bus drivers should just be bochap and force their way into traffic, that way, other traffic would learn to respect them.

It's not like all the bus stops have bays. There are plenty without, and you just live with them -- if you see a bus before you, filter to the middle lane earlier, then once after the bus, quickly filter back. In this way, when there's a jam, the bus still cannot move off.

What we need are mini-buses.

This is basically a scam to jam up the road further. With this they will introduce ERP at that place of very soon.

I've heard they are doing testing of GPRS fittted in cars. So in future, you might be charge once leave your car park U will be charge.

More new tax & ways to collect more money for the government piggy bank.

See wat happen to ECP. With less then 3 months since they increase 50 cents. Now they increase another 50 cents. Who is really doing the checking?? They increase cost @ ERP, Jam other road then intro few more grantry.

Edited by Dweller

Neutral Newbie
we are forced to give way..

just today, got one bloody Bus 100 driver.. KNN.. come out of bus bay like rushing to toilet.. [furious][furious]..

Recently it is quite common for them to put this act..cutting into ONCOMING traffic without due care(immediate failure during driving test). Nearly cause a chain collision [hur][shakehead] All those basic theory does on apply to bus (thanks to those smart f***er form LTA that come out with this idea)..

↡ Advertisement