Petrol Level Upon Collection of New Car  

192 members have voted

1. 1.

• Full tank
    • 3/4 tank
    • 1/2 tank
    • 1/4 tank
    • Less than 1/4 tank

How much petrol did you brand new car have when you collected it?

My Hyundai Getz - Full Tank (at the SE's expense)

My friend's Nissan Latio - 1/2 tank

My friend's Suzuki Swift 1.3 from a parallel importer in the West - Almost empty tank, low fuel warning light was on

Edited by Vit4wd
↡ Advertisement

For the Toyota, Full tank too.

SE full tank-ed the car before delivering it to our home.

The others were around 1/4.

Edited by Carcraze

A SE who sells a car with a 80 litre fuel tank capacity makes at least $6,000 in sales commission (derived from trade in of exisitng car, loan, insurance and car sales commission) and are dealing with affluent people who would likely give them a future referral or come back to the same SE when they purchase a newer model of a similar make in future.

It would be silly for the SE to top up 1/2 tank and it makes no business sense to do so.

Edited by Vit4wd

Mubarakrashid,

Since you want me to re-post it (which I had earlier deleted), I will do so.

I am not sure if I should post this publicly, as it may not go on well with MCF sponsors who are car salesmen. But let's take this with an open mind for all to learn and share. And apologies if I go off topic.

Moderators may delete this if they find it inappropriate.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Commission structure may vary from co. to co., but in general, it is as follows :

Insurance - 8%

Loan - 1.5%

Car Trade-in - $300 onwards

Car Sales commission - $500 onwards

* The above sales commission is based on that of a typical Jpanese bread and butter 1.6l car. Commission for luxury marques may be higher.

Since you are talking about cars with 80l fuel tanks, you must be referring to those luxury marques like a Mercedes Benz S Class or BMW 7 Series.

Let's take the Mercedes Benz 350 LWB as an estimated example.

Currently retailing at $328,000 with Certificate Of Entitlement.

Commission that salesman takes home :

1. Insurance premium of $3,000 - 8% x $3,000 = $240

2. Loan of $300,000 = $4,500

3. Car Trade in = $500

4. Car Sales Commission = $1,000

Total commission = $6,240

That is why when my friend bought the E Class, the salesman was very generous in throwing in whatever he requested, even for a more expensive sports rims. For bread and butter Jap cars, we have to bargain like mad to get the basic freebies

Edited by Vit4wd

A SE who sells a car with a 80 litre fuel tank capacity makes at least $6,000 in sales commission (derived from trade in of exisitng car, loan, insurance and car sales commission) and are dealing with affluent people who would likely give them a future referral or come back to the same SE when they purchase a newer model of a similar make in future.

It would be silly for the SE to top up 1/2 tank and it makes no business sense to do so.

If you take a million dollars loan and trade in your car at paper value without body price, then will make 6000 for your deal.