Audi S3: Its Here & the Order Book is Open :-)

Decksurgeon

- Audi hill hold assist $440

Mine comes free and the option here is $440

- Audi exclusive iPod preparation $880

Harmon Kardon PnP seems might cheaper and easier to use.

- Cruise control $1,200

This is really the killer but I presume it can be brought much cheaper and get PML to activate it.

But overall, it's a nice car to drive... [sly]

is yours an A6/GTI with hillhold option? or other auto car? hill hold assist will be standard on a A6 & most auto boxes are clever enuff to hold on a slope anyway. if i am not wrong, the S3 will be the first manual car with this feature here in SG. but experienced drivers wont need it. its just another luxury toy to have. audi marketing is smart, they offer it as an option.

to each his/her own re the ipod. but in the same vein as the audi philosophy of bing elegant, cleanlined and stylish.

most owners want a hidden ipod system with the audi. very few owners opt for aftermarket bits that add screens in the car. with the audi system the other plus side is that i can control my ipod from the multifuction steering wheel. with the bluetooth option - i can even display and scroll my address book in the DIS display in the dash or even voice dial. audi solutions are usually very neat, the downside is the price. but nothing is free in life :-P

PML fit an audi cruise control? i think you meant Premium Automobiles my friend.

anyway the avaerage age of a audi S car driver is 38 from marketing surveys....you could say its an old mans car LOL!

↡ Advertisement

is yours an A6/GTI with hillhold option? or other auto car? hill hold assist will be standard on a A6 & most auto boxes are clever enuff to hold on a slope anyway. if i am not wrong, the S3 will be the first manual car with this feature here in SG. but experienced drivers wont need it. its just another luxury toy to have. audi marketing is smart, they offer it as an option.

The new mini has this as well.. most importantly, it's free.

Nope.. apparently I'm driving an entry level, cheapo conti that comes with heavy door and a opel logo that people said it look grossly similar to the logo of the ruling party. However, I'm lucky to have get rid of that on the exterior of my car and put in place the griffin of the vauxhall.

The hill start assist is standard on my car, so is the chromatic mirror, rain sensor, ABS, EBD, EBA, PRS, blab blab blab (frankly do I need all these) and true as you said, it's hardly of use. Now, if only auto eurokar offer it as option, I wonder if I can get money back anot.

As for the Ipod thingy, the HK PnP can perform the same thing as well and the good thing is that we can rip it off and move it to the next car. Of coz, having it integrated with clean look is essential but for that price, I think we can do better things elsewhere (that's just my own perference).

As for CC, my mistake on PML and Premium Auto. But frankly at 1.2k, it's really ex but then, do we need CC on a manual car? [sly]

Anyway, thanks for sharing.

ahh... like that also can... [laugh] so without the ciggy lighter, how do they plug that hole with?

Depends on the configuration of the car.

if you order with concert/symphony sound system you will get a lighter 12V socket present next to the handbrake. it can be filled with a proper lighter or a plastic cover (some pple buy a VW torch that fit into the 12V socket, quite neat)

If the car is ordered with audi RNS-E (i.e sat nav), the lighter 12V socket is replaced with a jog dial. See pic.

Picture_2.png

hope this is useful info

"Would be interesting to know which car people would choose and why?"

Actually, I ask the exact question whenever I see this a3 2.0t sportback which I heard was going for around $145k++ when a gti is essentially the same car and a bit more gets you the r32, but, then I recall telling myself, if I had the money.... [nod]

Hey [wave] So here's a question: If a GTI costs CAN $30,000 while an A3 2.0T (doesn't come in Quattro) costs CAN$33K, which would you choose? [sly]

Ya.. same here...

I'm only voicing out what is standard on certain car and missing in the S3 but then, the optional are things that we can do without.

I think I stand a higher chance lar [sly] .. you just bite one bullet recently.. [:p]

Must also see the equipment list that comes with the 30 and 33 grand. In this case, I think their branding difference is not apparent. sly.gif

TT is a GTI in drag.......but i think you ask any TT owner, RS4 owner, R32 owner and would be S3 owners.......price was probably the last thing they considered. at this level it all about how the car speaks to you. similar to a high end watch....so what if the tourbillon was made by the generic 'progress tourbillon' company....owner would still pay a crazy amount for that watch.

my point is, at this level, you cant compare spec-4-spec and split hairs to say what's free and what's not free and why this option etc so darn expensive. ask a local M6 customer how much the carbon splitter from BMW original parts dept cost.....you think he cares? he just buys!!! see what i mean.

I know bro, I have a 320i-in-drag as well, but i paid a premium for the looks and the driving experience over the sedan.

So not totally alien to this..wink.gif

Like i said earlier, I could actually see myself buying a S3..nosebleed.gif

Edited by Magfocus

yeah....hahahaha......well said.

im very tempted also by the S3. but will lose my pants on selling the current 1.8T that has been with me for 8mths....

S3...the undisputed king of the compact luxury hatch is back and so darn evil.

dammit....and why did someone have to show me the special suzuka grey pearl effect paint color from quattro GmbH!!!

mumble mumble!

[laugh][:p]