Paint chipped off, what can i do?

Sgnick

(edited)

Hi,

sometimes car will be hit by hard objects like falling branches or glass bottles thrown from HDB, somebody's door, etc, and the paint will chip off, leaving small holes in the paintwork.

What can we do about these (beside respraying the car)?

Can we fill up the holes with something to protect the metal?

My car is light metallic green, hole is black, anyway to cover up and touch up the hole to make it less obvious?

Thanks for any advise, be it professional help or DIY also can.

Edited by Sgnick
↡ Advertisement

Go to your AD and buy touch up paint. Use a small paint brush, the smallest you can find, and gently cover up the exposed part with the paint by dotting. When paint dries up, apply car wax over affected area. Do it quick before rust sets in.

(edited)

Bro, jus like what Bro Turbodynamics had said, get a touch up paint from your AD & touch up.

After that, use a wax/polish to go over.

To make your touch up less obvious,use a tooth pick to apply the touch up paint on the affected area [;)]

Edited by Mzrmazda3

But my car is PI car leh, so don't think can get touch up paint from AD. Anywhere else selling?

I think if its small just leave it lah.

Unless the clip very big more than a 5 cent coin. Otherwise forget it.

Sillypore cars only can keep 10yrs...after that is just paper value.

Other than to prevent rust...forget it.

Respray one door with over bake...normal colour starts from $200.

(edited)

Ya, I want to prevent rust. If can make it less obvious in the process, good also. I will find out color code and call Autobacs.

Is not 1 big 5cents hole, but multiple 1mm-2mm holes close together.

Edited by Sgnick

Neutral Newbie

Touchup paint is the cheapest and fastest solution. For bigger patches, really no choice then go workshop and do touchup. Not a lot of money. My friend went to workshop and do. They repaint the area with the original car apint colour. Backside kena scratch by metal rod. Only 30 bucks or so.

Hi Sgnick, I got a bottle of my car paint from the AD for my own DIY touch-up work.

You can asked from them and they would be obliged to give it to you.

Of cos I can leave it and do nothing, but no harm learning about different options on how to fix things. Sometimes I also ask about opinions on certain cars, but that does not mean i intend to buy it or drive it, especially when i ask about fast expensive cars. [:p]