Kia Rio Hybrid Introduce in Geneva 2007

Carlover76

Neutral Newbie

Proton is not the only one with a sedan modified to go the hybrid way - the Koreans have their Kia Rio Hybrid for display at he 77th Salon de l

post-16-1173347093_thumb.jpg

post-16-1173347094_thumb.jpg

post-16-1173347095_thumb.jpg

post-16-1173347096_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Kia is now more aggressive compared to Hyundai as they came out the Kia Ceed first and now they are leading in Hybrid! thumbsup.gif

Neutral Newbie

That is for sure as they are more experience in the automotive world and they have a longer history compared to their parent company. thumbsup.gif

Neutral Newbie

Many true experiences from members driving a Kia and some of them are driving a Hyundai previously, same engine but the engine tuning or setup is different and it make a differences in their FC.

Really good job by Kia! thumbsup.gif

hmmm, inside out looks the same as my Rio,

can't make out the electric motor in engine bay also, other items like airbox, battery still in the same place.

dun mind trading in mine for the hybrid. They should have a promo for existing Rio owners :)

This I will disagree with you ... For those who have concern over FC and don't have the budget to get a Jap Hydrid model. This will be a good choice .. [thumbsup][thumbsup] After all the new Rio looks good and if it is around 50K range will sure help it to sell well here ..

the rio is not bad but considering the model selling here doesn't comes with ABS and airbags, the cerato is actually a better buy since they are priced very closely. to be frank, the rio sedan looks a bit weird at the rear. the HB looks nicer.

and i dun thk the hybrid version wld be selling at 50k, maybe ard 60-70k but who dare to buy?

Neutral Newbie

Actually have to depend on our government on whether they are encouraging owners like us to buy or support Hybrid cars, if it is so, I should be seeing Hybrid cars slightly cheaper than petrol cars instead of more expensive.

But it will be hard to see such facts as petrol is a good income for the government afterall.

hybrid cars itself is expensive. just look at the OMV. the only encouragement is the lower road tax and better FC